Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ra Gilberts!

Wednesday 10:45 p.m.
This deity yoga juju is a twenty four hour a day job. We're in the upper circle at the King's tonight, right at the front so you can see into the orchestra pit and lean back and look up at the ceiling. There are four distinct faces in the centre piece on the ceiling. Somebody must have painted them. I wonder who he painted. Then the music started. Because it was Gilbert and Sullivan, the curtain doesn't rise for ages, and you can go to sleep looking up at the ceiling then if you like. Or close your eyes and do the juju.

You're trying to pretend you're a white light being in the middle of maybe something like a big wedding cake. Sometimes you open you eyes a bit and see just down and away at the end of your nose all these pirates, or policemen, or girls in nice dresses. The cast seemed to be enjoying themselves. All was well with the world.

Because it was Wednesday night and we were in the upper circle, there weren't too many people around us in the front row. I got into a half lotus. I settled into the fabulous bliss. Sometimes I whacked a vase breath in there. Ra bliss went lava-esque. It flows, or maintained a steady flowing without flowing anywhere. And I thought: What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

6 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

But how would the company enjoy you blissing out independently of their production? Is the ultimate aim to be blissed all the time, and if so how does function?

Kiddos saw G&S's rivals, the Southern Light Opera Co, do Wizard of Oz at the Kings' last week. It's an annual event to watch Grandda dressed in silly tights on stage.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Just a toy said...

And what a fortunate creature you are.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Toyo: You can convince yourself of anything!
Ion: I really don't know where this juju is going! As far as ra bliss is concerned, I want to be able to close my eyes and be right there. What else may come along with this, good and bad, well, I just don't know. There may be a state you can aspire to where everything seems amusing. Wouldn't mind spending a while there. I did wonder how one might function with emptiness after I had the full-on ten seconds of emptiness, but I don't think that can last for many folk, or any. But I don't know. Hotboy p.s. The company might have been glad of my bum on the seat, but the music was there all the time. The visuals were great as well, the odd time I looked!

6:45 PM  
Blogger rob said...

One presumes they were free tickets.

I've been told that good and bad, like everything else, doesn't actually exist outside your mind. That must help.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Andy! The Domestic Bliss coughed up! Hotboy

4:46 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I do hope she's recovering.

Could one create G&S in one's mind and save on the tickets? Maybe that's in a sense what blissing is.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.