Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ra Plot and Losing It!

Tuesday 5:21 p.m.
It was at the this time of night after working all day that I'd come here and write my two kidbooks. How the hell did I get the energy for that? Anyway, needs must.

I've decided that - since there's nothing I'm burning to write about - I'll work on storylines, or plotlines. The first one I'm going to work on is about a little guy who gets involved with big criminal types, stumbling from incident to incident, and ends up with the money/girl, or whatever.

I'm going to build this story from a beginning someone told me about. Here's how the first chapter goes.

The joe wants to get into dope dealing to finance his ambitions to be a window cleaner with a ladder, pails, and a white van. His dodgy pal sets this up for him, so one day he's standing on a pavement and gets picked up by this dealer who lays a kilo of hash on him. He's to pay later. The joe takes the dope home and takes his dog out to the park for a walk. There he stashes the drugs, but as he walks around the top of the park, several men in suits run into the park, point at him, take the drugs from where he's put them and run off. End of chapter one.

A humourous adventure story of derring-do if ever I saw one. I'd like to get a boat sunk out on the Forth. Maybe the joe gets marooned on an island in the Forth. In the end, maybe everybody dies except him. He'll have to end up with enough to set up a window cleaning business, of course. Or something like that. What do you think so far?

5 Comments:

Blogger Just a toy said...

Yes I have often thought about becoming a window cleaner myself.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

I've never been that ambitious! Hotboy

11:37 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Is the joe called Andrew? That would definitely help.

8:57 AM  
Blogger ion said...

I like it already. I want there to be a conspiracy between casuals and the dealer, with our hero in the middle being the fall guy. Does he really need to win the girl/money? It might be less predictable if he finds out he's gay and falls in love with the cop who arrests him.

8:58 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Adolf! What have you got that I haven't?

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.