Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ra Beer Monster!

Thursday 3:50 p.m.
Yea, though I forswore the pleasures of ra beer about January 10th, I have partaken in ra beer on about six occasions since then, and got pissed once. This is not quite the same as giving up beer for a year. And I'm still a fat basturn and still skint. However, today I've been meditating from when I got up until about just now, and sometimes it seems that I may need a little something extra in my life besides meditating, and giving up beer, and going to the jobbie. For, on a day like today, I'm still knackered from yesterday's physical jerks and do not feel like running six miles. Neither do I feel like doing any more meditating just now. What I really need is a wee hobby to fill the odd space. Maybe I should become a writer again. Maybe I should walk down to Bert's Bar clutching my free copy of Kidnapped, get quietly sozzled and seek inspiration!

6:00 p.m.
The Tao. I was chatting to the kiddo at the Samye Ling about your tao. Start with the stoics. You're like a dog being pulled by a cart. In this life. Nothing you can do about that except make it comfortable. Being comfortable in your skin. No prizes here for that one!

I could have been a footballer. I didn't care. Short sight checked in. Well done.

If there had been a boxing club in Bellshill when I was a boy, I'd have taken up boxing and been quite good at it. This would have been a disaster. Well done.

I could have done better academically, and become one of them. But not smart enough and didn't like the basturns. Well done.

I might have made pots of money from writing, but I wasn't smart enough and didn't like the basturns. Well done.

We know that it is possible to aspire to perfection. Jesus Christ was a joe. The buddha was a joe. St Teresa was a josephine. We're not excluded from this. We have to be one or the other. Is this your tao? If it was, it hardly seems likely that you'd just come back from Bert's after doing three pints of extremely nice real ale. Hmmm? Sometimes it seems one needs to find a place to be comfortable. Born to be comfortable! Born to be comfortable!

I think it's time to start another book!

11:40 p.m.
No, it's not. There are too many good books out there. So today. I had three pints and a smoke. Bad boy! Sat down and waited for the homecoming. It went into another zone! Couldn't believe it. Then, in the spirit of ecumenicism, watched the huns and had four cans of wifebeater, and more smokes. Tentatively, sat down again. Wow! What is this? Purification and accumulation?

Well, there is it. What do I know? Here come ra bliss! Here comes ra bliss!

5 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

You're an inspiration! It's Friday night here, and I've a good mind to sample one of the last of the number 11 brew. I might just splash out and drink the whole bottle.

I could have developed a tolerance of alcohol through a lifetime of normal social drinking, but I was too healthy (apart from the cancer). Well done. I can still get fou on a half-pint. What a fortunate cheapskate I am.

11:33 AM  
Blogger ion said...

Please tell how you write, HB. Do you start with a synopsis of the whole and then write, or do you start at page 1 and let it develop its own plot while you write?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Just a toy said...

I am glad to see that you're back to your old self again. Welcome back.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Shame to drink yourself to death while staying sober!
Ion: You need a plotline. You should have something written out chapter by chapter, especially if you're doing a strong narrative line. Be a help if you had a wee note of what the themes were supposed to be and what kind of characters you're going to have and how they develope. If you just start writing, you give yourself a helluva re-write and you'll probably never be able to fix it. I've done them both ways. The first way is frustrating since you don't write for a bit, but it's surer especially for thrillers and such like. That'll be ten percent off the top! Hotboy

3:56 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Toyo! A digraceful lack of self discipline! Hotboy

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.