Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Rat Pineal Gland!

Tuesday 10:25 p.m.
I've only had five evenings with the beer since a month ago. Considering the last eighteen months, practically teetotal! So I got on the scales this morning .... twelve and a half stone again! What? You can't put on a half stone in a week! Shurely shum mishtake! Anyway, no beer tonight for Hotboy regardless. What fortitude!

Spent some enjoyable time just there with the pineal gland. It's right in the middle of your head. There's supposed to be chakras located near between your eyebrows and at the crown of your head, I think ..... but in the juju I'm doing you have a symbol to concentrate on right in the middle of your head. I think that's the location of your pineal gland, which it seems you're stimulating doing kundalini yoga, etc. It did strike me as odd that the Tibetans put the symbol there and not where the chakras might be conventionally placed. Is this a coincidence, Jack?

The pineal gland might be associated with something called DMT, which is a naturally occuring hallucigenic. Maybe this has something to do with the light, etc. Maybe you could forgo all this sitting around on cushions (becoming a fat basturn!) by eating the pineal glands of the dearly departed. You might have to go someplace like Liberia or Sierra Leone for that. I wonder if monkeys have pineal glands. Will there be a vegetarian option?

Ra bliss has been just outstanding today. Surf's up! Surf's up!

10 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Never mind the pineal gland, could you tell us how to stimulate the prostate? That would help some people (not me).

3:54 AM  
Blogger ion said...

You could experiment with the chief hormone product of the pineal gland, melatonin, but in my experience its exogenous use has few effects. 'Lower' vertebrates have a pineal gland too, so maybe those fishies and lizards are basking in their own bliss; I'd like to think so. The pineal gland of children is intriguingly far larger and more active than adults'. Enjoy ra bliss!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: That's interesting! I've often hoped the emperor penguins waiting in throngs through the dark Antartic winters were doing ra bliss! Hotboy

1:11 PM  
Blogger ion said...

How astute, since it's known that both hibernating and seasonal reproduction are modulated by the hypophysis (pituitary) /epiphysis (pineal) axis. Fantastic! Furthermore, the melanocytes of molluscs like squid are modulated by similar chemical mesengers. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it.

I have a question. In your professional activities, are you required to wear a tie? I am asking in relation to Focus on Dress Code Week.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: Professional activities? Hmmm? Well, since I became a fat basturn I can only fit into Marks and Sparks training bottom things (elastic waist). At my jobbie, I used to dress like a prison warder, but now I just look like a scuffy bugger who has ceased to care! No tie, buttons missing off the shirt once worn by some dead relative. Hope this helps. Hotboy

6:55 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

The emperor penguins were on TV here last weekend. Planet Earth. I could watch that every day. Why would anyone choose to watch Happy Feet or whatever it's called, when the real thing's so good? Of course, I won't be saying that in a few months when they arrive here again for the homebrew season.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! When I got the black spot, I wanted a big tv near the death bed so I could watch David Attenborough shows back to back. Imagine my surprise when I found out that a digital channel has them on just about all the time! Another saving and a big help for the poor who suffer without plasma screens! Hotboy

9:02 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Is the black spot poetic licence?

10:07 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I know, but *you* said you had the B S. I was going to send you a welcome pack.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Maybe I should have said: When I get, not when I got.... dearie me. It's a special past future Bellshill tense. Hotboy

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.