Friday, February 02, 2007

Rat Divine Vision Thing!

Friday 9:05 p.m.
So about an hour after dark, I left the glowing embers behind me and, turning my back on the Castle, headed up to the main path through the allotments, then turned right. Straight in front of me there was a huge, beautiful moon hovering over the treetops way over at the Botanic Gardens. This was strangely coincidental since I'd been thinking about the moon a lot today.

Where is the moon? Is it just in my mind?

When I used to write plays, I did stuff like that often. Like, you're walking along pondering and running things through your mind sometimes, and sometimes just kind of absorbed in the problem. A brown study, I think it might be called.

"Like images seen in a dream; thus must we regard all things." Nagarjuna. The wall.

I'm not into anything being true. So I said to Shiva that hopefully all this buddhisty philosophy was given to us as a tool to help us ponder the makings of reality. Maybe to try and prise you from your normal way of thinking.

So Shiva said the problem with the mind only school was that other joes were standing around looking at the moon as well. And you could die and the moon would still be there, etc.

The moon did look amazing as I was coming home from the allotments. As I walked along staring over at it, I was joined by an alien from Outer Space. It was only a foot tall with two heads and five eyes in each head, and it's heart beat went at 5,000 beats a minute, and it lived for 100,000 years or thereabouts.

I asked the alien from Outer Space what it thought of the moon.

Because of the severity of the toilet training on Planet Zoggie, from whence the alien came, the alien had a fantastic sense of smell and said the moon smelt a bit cheesy, but it didn't like the purple stripes and the red dots, which is how the moon would look to you if you'd two heads with five eyes in each head, and came from Planet Zoggie.

So you have to admit, Jack, that we have the moon that the human beings have. We have evolved the sensory and mental faculties to have that kind of moon. So if I drop dead, the same moon will still be there for the human beings. That doesn't mean to say that it isn't just in your mind. You just expand the mind a bit to take in all the human beings.

This is a way to make heavens exist.

But do we still have a moon, Hotboy?

I guess so, Jack.

Is it just in our minds, Hotboy?

Buggered if I know, Jack. I guess there's something out there, but it's really hard to say what it is. Maybe you can only deal with the way things appear to be.

But we know a lot about the moon, don't we? It's made of cheese and the first human being on the moon was a scotsman called Neil Armstrong. (Well, he has to be Scottish with a name like that! He's not a Cherokee, is he?)

Gopi Krishna saw the moon in a completely different way from the way I see it because he had divine vision. Everything looked a bit heavenly to old Gopi perhaps. It's got to be a vision thing. You do something and you've changed the way things appear to be. It would be nice to have a shot of that even if it didn't last for long.

Bugger this for a Saturday night! I think it might just be time to fall off the wagon again and change how things appear to be. I'll give up again on my birthday. I'm going to be 15 billion and 56 years old next week.

6 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

But, but, but... not being from Planet Zoggie I saw that self-same moon and would, like you, describe it as beautifully round and creamy in colour. It was there to the west over Arthur's Seat in the evening, and sitting there on the sunrise over Blackford Hill to the east this morning. 'Splain that!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: What do I know? I thought it was Saturday last night and that was before I had any beer! Hotboy

10:34 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

But, but, but ... we have to have a human view of the appearance of the moon! How it appears to us and to moths (moths not goths!) must be different. Yes? Hotboy

10:36 AM  
Blogger ion said...

I can't even be sure that we humans perceive 'cream-coloured' in the same way, far less the gulf between us and a moth.

Moths' visual system evolved independently from ours, but how agreeable that they too are interested in foreign objects.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

But is it possible to be "objective" about anything? Hmmm? Hotboy

5:11 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Okay, your subtle hints are getting through to me, I'll post another brownshirt study soon.

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.