Monday, February 19, 2007

Ranother Day!

Monday 7:40 p.m.
As far as diseases go, I'd recommend this gastric bug to anyone. One day of disease and the next you're okay! You think it's going to be upchucking for days on end, but by this afternoon I was fine. How odd!

I went out for a wee walk to check out the legs. I posted off the two kidsbooks to Mr Adrian Weston, that literary agent of great taste and perspicacity. He might like them. You never know.

I picked up a new pair of specs today from Mr Wardie of Raeburn Place, an optometrist highly recommended for his affable style and charming customer relations!

I was wondering if I was still diseased as I emptied my pockets of odds and ends into a public bin on the pavement beside the bus stop. I found this written on a piece of paper:

Colours, sounds, smells and so on are not really in the objects themselves, but are impressions produced in us by the action of material particles on our sense organs. Hmmm?

I think it's from a book for kids about consciousness. It might be from Descartes. (Bugger all do I know about philosophy!). He's into the dualism between mind and matter, with these two interacting in the pineal gland. Well, a fair poke at the problem considering when he lived. There aint have been some clever basturns!

"This material world has no reality apart from its reflection in the deliverances of our sense organs." I like that! It was on the same bit of paper. It's from a joe called Berkeley. He was into something called Idealism.

Samuel Johnson said he could refute that by kicking a stone. I love this guy Berkeley. He could be called The Matrix Berkeley. I don't see how you can possible prove that he's not right although what he says doesn't seem "sensible". Tell it's not true, bloggies! Tell me it's not just all happening inside my head!

8:10 p.m.
I do love beer and I miss it sore, Jack. Just one day at a time, Hotboy. Did you hear that basturn on the telly? We drink beer here on earth because in heaven there is no beer! That didn't help at all, Jack! Not one little bit!

10 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather old chap. Recommend cod liver oil, straight from the spoon. Cures anything.

MM III

8:20 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Bahuky! Is there a vegetarian option? Hotboy.

11:26 PM  
Blogger ion said...

Glad to hear you had the day off and felt well. Best of all worlds. And you get new specs too!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: Yes! Yesterday turned out better than expected! Hotboy

5:16 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say!

You seem to becoming increasingly eremitic.

MM III

7:17 PM  
Blogger Just a toy said...

I feel like that constantly. I think its called confusion.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hotboy, I am glad you are feeling better....and glad you have a renewed cleansed system!
So, tell us what your new glasses look like. The new "hot style" specs here in the states are rectangle. (I don't look good in a rectangle frame! :( )
Yes, you are right...Descartes....also known as Cartesius. He had an empirical approach to consciousness and the mind, describing in his Meditations on First Philosophy. Actually that was a very profound statement...I liked it very much.
Hang in there Hotboy, the urge for the beer shall pass, or at least diminish.
Have a blissful day!
~xo

2:11 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Bahuky! Toyo! Eremitic? That sounds like one of them sad basturns that spends all their time staring at computers!
Lee Ann: The nice optometrist put new lens in old (but unused) frames. They are round and as big as I could get. The fashion here is for wee rectangles with no glass in them. I would have stayed with the gold rimmed National Health Specs that John Lennon popularised for ever, but you can't get them anymore! I got my philosophical education from the back of cornflake packets! Hotboy

7:26 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:54 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I've always spelt it "bahooky", partly to avoid confusion with the Japanese practice where the guys stand in a circle and .. I think you know what I mean.

Beer doesn't exist outside your mind.

LA - when I was young we used to say "have you been reading the back of bus-tickets again?"

BTW, I don't suit wee rectangular frames either, but I wear them cos it's all you can buy in New Caledonia.

With a bit of luck Blogger will show my correct ID with this comment. That would help.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.