Friday, February 16, 2007

Ra Samye Day Two!

Friday 10:45 a.m.
There's been a lot of unusual gong bashing activity going on at the temple over the last two days. I asked someone why there wasn't the usual programme. It's the Tibetan New Year on Sunday apparently and special gong bashings are performed for five days in advance.

It's great if you dig the ritual music! I was in there for two and a half hours this morning. Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss! When I came out for a break, I found the kiddo sitting in the cold sketching the temple. I told her nobody would bother her if she sketched in the temple.

The man who set up this centre forty years ago is in the temple leading this chanting. Dr Akong Tulku Rinpoche. Hmmm? I wonder what kind of mind he's got? I think he was an abbot at four. Then he comes to Scotland and we have this marvellous temple ... a real work of art so it is ... and all these buddhists like me running about the shop. Imagine going as a refugee somewhere, skint, and ending up with all the stuff he's done. You've got to take your hat off to some people!

It's a wee bit of a different trip this for me as I don't meditate all the time with the kiddo here. We had a chat in the new lounge in Johnstone House for two hours last night before going to bed. That was nice. She lives a frugal life being a skint student. I'm so glad she didn't turn out anything like me!

Now I'm filled up with reviving instant coffee, it's off to the temple for me till lunchtime.

2 Comments:

Blogger Currently Alec McClochendichter said...

I'm sure of one thing about the Rinpoche's mind - nothing exists outside it.

He was there when we ran the screaming weekend at Samye. Does he remember it?

11:44 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf? Is that you? Zeig! If the grope therapy didn't work, I don't suppose the screaming helped either, did it? Hotboy

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.