Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ra Samye Ling!

Thursday 3:30 p.m.
This is RaBlissBlog coming to you from Bliss Central, the wonderful Samye Ling here in the borders of bonnie Scotland!

The kiddo came down with me. I'm so pleased. She doesn't meditate, of course, but has a sketch pad, so she can sketch stuff when it's not raining on her, or freezing her butt off!

The first time I came to the Samye Ling was the first of May, 1988. This was the first day I had control of the kiddo after the Domestic Bliss went back to work. You could say in some way this marked the end of my life as a prospective filthy rich writer and began my life as a meditator. So what good fortune that was!

I just want the kiddo to have an interesting time here.

The journey was great! I walked up to Princes Street and from where I live, most of that is uphill. But there's not many buses at half six and walking up to Waverley Station was okay. The train takes an hour to get to Lockerbie. Closed eyes and a straight hour in ra bliss.

I went into the back temple at quarter to eleven. Someone was already sitting there. After an hour and three quarters, I'd changed my position once, but she hadn't budged. She was still sitting there when I got up to go for my lunch. How folk manage to sleep in lotus positions is beyond even my imaginings. I think the longest I've sat without moving is two hours.

I don't spend enough time at the Samye Ling, but I'm here now and I've got the kiddo with me! Yippeee!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Just a toy said...

I'm glad your having fun. I hope you have a great time with Kiddo.

5:54 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say!

I hope Kiddo has enough to do whilst you are meditating for six hours per day.

MM III

7:42 PM  
Blogger ion said...

Wishing you both a blissful time!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Thanks everyone! I am having a wonderful time as you might expect! Hotboy

10:22 AM  
Blogger Currently Alec McClochendichter said...

I'm worried that you might raise too much heat and melt the place away. I'll be watching the TV news for thermonuclear clouds over Eskdalemuir.

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.