Saturday, February 17, 2007

Ra Bye Bye Samye!

Saturday 9:40 a.m.
I haven't been doing much vase breathing when I've been here. I never do. This is because most of the meditations are done in public. The eyeballs rolled up, the jaw at an odd angle, such things are probably enough for the public to be going on with.

But I did a couple of wee vase breaths before taking this break. What bliss! Oh, what bliss! When I finish this, I've got another hour before I have to get out of my room and I'll spend it in the back temple doing the deity yoga juju. Of course, I dipped into a book I've got with me last night when I was waiting for the kiddo in this cafe, and realised, as usual, that I know bugger all about deity yoga. Keep me alive for a couple of years and let's hope!

I spent all yesterday afternoon in the temple. There was a lot of gong bashing going on of course, but for some time I felt in a state of wonderful contentment and satiation. My emperor penguin mode when you don't want or need anything else. This is a wonderful feeling and another one never shared by flatheids.

I can never repay what I've been given by this place. One summer when I was here I felt truly happy for days at a stretch. I told a flatheid about this when I was out at a social event. The flatheid said: Are you not happy now? There's little point in talking to flatheids about ... well, anything. True happiness and contentment. Dearie me. You're as well talking to the wall as talking to a flatheid about that!

The last couple of times I've left here I've felt some regret. Back to the needless insecurities, anxieties, and those too dumb to meditate. I need to get to the hut, Jack! I need to get to the hut!

Thank God the auld maw gave me £100 so I could think about getting the kiddo here. She's done a lot of sketching and says she's enjoyed being here. If someone else gives me some money sometime, I'll certainly bring her down here again. What the world doesn't need is another flatheid. There's plenty of flatheids to go around!

9:55 p.m.
And how did you land on this shore, brother? The chat at the bus stop just outside the Samye Ling. Family breakdown, unemployment and disease. The same old story. A manual labourer. Now, he sometimes spends whole days meditating in the forests roundabout, or sometimes up by them there hills. I wondered if he'd got down to ra bliss, but was too polite to ask. He landscaped the gardens. After paying for everything, he had fifty quid a week to spend. He was going into Langholm to have a pint of Guinness and place a few bets on the horses, as you might on a Saturday afternoon. What a fortunate, fortunate creature he seemed to be!

1 Comments:

Blogger Currently Alec McClochendichter said...

Insetad of sitting around, wouldn't the kiddo rather run an errand to the off-licence?

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.