Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ra Improvements!

Sunday 7:33 p.m.
I went looking for the story I was telling you about, the one about the joe who wanted to deal dope so he could become a window cleaner. I used it in a "novel" I threw together from odds and ends about ten years ago.

This entailed searching through piles of old manuscripts in the corner of my room, mostly rejections for The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf as it turned out. Then I found the first forty odd pages of this "novel". What a title!

On Becoming a Living Saint
Reflections on Religion and Drugs
Or
How to legalise dope.

The one I got published about 11 years ago now was supposed to be called:
On Becoming a Man
Reflections on Sex and Violence
Or
Are you boys cyclists?

I called it that because one of the best books I ever read was Reflections on Violence by Georges Sorel, a French anarchist who later turned fascist. I can just remember good things about the book though.

They paid young people like me good money to go to university and read books like that. What a fortunate creature I was!

Yes, I feel much better than I did this time last week. I've given up beer completely now, apart from yesterday and Wednesday. The meditations continue to develope in a fabulous manner. They really do. It just gets better and better and better. But it's hard too. The trip to Bellshill usually breaks up the intensity of it. It's heavy duty juju, all this staying in and meditating most of the time. Brilliant results though. I think I'll away off and wallow in the results!

3 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

What a magnificent title. I'd have to buy it just for that.

11:32 AM  
Blogger rob said...

I always wanted to be a window cleaner so I could ... need I say more?

10:54 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Dear Adolf, please let me know if you're receiving your messages
here. One hates to complain but they are rather interrupting the highbrow flow there. I understand your desire for anonymity, but routing via the southern hemisphere filters seems excessive. PS I see you're a window watcher too. Do the dark coloured shirts get you going? I think your friend hotboy avoided clicking the T-shirt photo, but you may have seen it.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.