Monday, October 31, 2005

Ra Good Boy!

Monday 7:45 p.m.
A children's writer, Cathy Cassidy, replied to an email today, which was nice. She said she thought it was possible to get published without an agent, but much better to get one if you could. She works through Julia Churchill at Darley Anderson's, so I sent her a package. Much the same as the ones I sent last week to the publishers i.e. with no first chapters or anything from the actual novels. I want someone to ask for the book, or to go to the webpage. It's hard to see how anyone could see passed the questionnaires from the kids, but they will. Let's hope somebody bites a bit.

I woke up feeling really good again at quarter past five this morning and was meditating by quarter to six. Very good meditations as well. I went for a twenty minute jog at lunchtime. I worked on my book for an hour and a half when I got home from work. I'm not supposed to be drinking beer tonight. Good boy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Good luck with getting published. I know it will happen for you.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Thanks, Lee Ann! Getting pots of money would be good, but it would just make me a bad boy! Hotboy

2:45 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping persistence pays off!! A little nibble on your hook is not a bad thing in the least...

9:39 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

My Dear Hotboy,

If I may be so bold, what you need to do is play this with a straight bat. Play your normal game, and don't be put off if the agents bowl you an occasional googley or two. Keep a loose grip, and pad anything away that's outside of leg.

Don't be afraid to go for a quick one, either.

If the light begins to fade, remember that 'RaMorra' is another day, and you can go in with your head held high.

MM III

10:02 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - Good boy, keep working on your book. Concentrate. Forget all about land-grabbing. Don't even think about the pre-emptive strike headed your way.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.