Monday, October 24, 2005

Ra New Strategy!

Monday 5:20p.m.
The sensei and reverend is having an identity crisis over on his blog. You could go and guess which planet he might be from. My guess is that it's in a galaxy far, far away!!!

Since this blog is partly (or was supposed to be mainly) tracking my (lack of) success in attracting a literary agent, I've had to come up with a new strategy. Or go back to an old strategy. Or, even better, combine strategies.

The Masai Warriors and Jock the Spam Robot, the regular readers of this blog, will know that since my web page was set up in February, I've sent about 350 emails to British literary agents trying to get someone interested in my current blockbuster. Or in any of my previous blockbusters. Or even just in anything. All a complete waste of time.

Now, I'm going to write them a letter!! How's that for revolutionary? I've got tons of wonderfully supportive questionnaires from kids about my two kidbooks and I'll send them those, plus some reviews and stuff. Since you cannot, it seems, get a kidsbook published without an agent, I don't think there's anything else for it. Of course, I've done this before. But I didn't have the web page then. This won't work, of course, but you never know. You just never know.

Despite not getting to the Samye Ling last week, the meditations are still developing and progressing. It seems to have a momentum of its own. I'm supposed to start writing my book now. Hmmm. Maybe leave it till Wednesday. Meditate instead. All that other stuff is just a waste of time really!

I forgot to mention .... sent a birthday card today to the famous Scottish playwright, Tom McGrath, who got me three grand once. I had to send it via the Traverse since I've lost his address, so he'll probably never get it. Still, it's the thought ...

6 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

If I was on the receiving end of American local politics, I think I'd have more than an identity crisis. Fortunately the islands long ago replaced the sham of democracy with honest-to-goodness feudal fiefdoms, so that's one less thing to worry about.

I think I've worked out where your blog has been going wrong. The literary agents have been following your meditation suggestions, and getting too blissed to care about your books. I hope this helps.

Did you mention the 3 grand on the card?

11:05 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

PS a propos of thank-you letters, thanks for your extended help at comments.

Much to think about. I may have to fire off some emails.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Of course, I mentioned the three grand. He probably can't remember me. Prod his memory. But how many people have gotten me three grand? Made several months very nice indeed. Boy's a saint. Hotboy.

11:15 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I tried to leave a comment at the Bradley paper about Barry's "A note on eating", but it got too hard. I also wanted to offer some punctuation tutoring to someone there called Night Stalker, but you have to login first and they don't tell you how to create an ID, so I gave up. I might ask my web students to test the site. It might help someone.

11:27 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Years of silence then you hijack his birthday to tap him for more cash?

11:28 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hotboy, you are very thoughtful! ....and, I think you should write a letter, good idea!

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.