Friday, October 14, 2005

Ra Still No Samye!

Friday 12:30 p.m.
41 Masai Warriors, Martians and Robots from Spam seemed to have visited this page yesterday. By far the biggest spike ever! It must be blogging about beer. Nobody, including me, understands ra bliss, but a lot of people like beer. Cue Rod Stewart: What made Milwaukee famous made a loser out of me!

It's a beautiful, clear October afternoon here. Sunny and chilly. I should be down at the Samye Ling, but events have conspired ... Even although the kid has been out the house for only a couple of weeks and the domestic bliss was just back from the Americas, I would still have gone. I try to go every time the school gets a holiday. Last year at this time was the first time I'd gone with my wee tent, due to the descending into the lonely financial zone from going part time at the work. But what a wonderful week I had! You really need a week. Three days to settle in and the rest of contented sitting, and the oodles of ra bliss!

The Gatekeeper to Nirvana said the closed Mahamudra retreat would be in the temple, and since there were about two hundred folk showing up for it, this would probably include the bit at the back of the temple, normally secluded and cut off by moveable room dividers. I couldn't really join this retreat since it was in it's third year. I could have sat in the temple, but I would have to have left during the two hours of teachings, I think. Of course, I could have just went into the temple and sat there. No one's going to tell you to leave, but you don't want to be awkward and, sort of, in the wrong place.

I could have gone down there and just sat in the tent, but it's not really tall enough and you certainly couldn't do that if it was raining. Hmmm. It rained all week last October. I was thinking about how to go with the flow on this one when I checked my bank statement. You can't post-date cheques anymore. Last Monday I signed a cheque for my daughter's Equity membership. The bank just cashed it there and then. I could still have gone, but .... I'm really missing it just now, but I'll go for shorter breaks come November. Thursday to Saturday.

The main thing is to meditate. And they will be fabulous today!!

10:55 p.m.
I think I'm supposed to take to the hut. It's not too cold. The hut is cluttered, a mess, cob webby and mice ridden, but nothing to bite you to death. You have to close things down at some point. You can't stand on your head at the allotment. You could do Tai Chi sets in the big Inverleith Park adjoining the allotments. The bogs in the Botanic Gardens right beside the park are open till about six at night.

This is heaven. The only thing not perfect is me. So you get calm by sitting still. That's what I am not by drinking ra beer. If I was going to be the kind of joe I'd like to become, I should just take to the hut. I made a loaf of bread tonight. Weighs a couple of pounds. Maybe some cheese. There be turnips. Just take a diary, a cosmic book, and try to sit. That would be best for everybody. Once I thought if you could improve you happiness by maybe five percent a year, what a great deal that was for everybody you met. Who wants to know miserable basturns? Just hit me with your bliss. |

It would sometimes be hard up there at the hut, but ... Poisonous just phoned. Should I transgress with ra Poisonous, or go to ra hut? What do you think?

7 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Most places are using checks as if they are debit cards. They clear immediately! Your only hope in the payment not clearing immediately is if you are mailing a check somewhere, you at least have the mail time before it clears!

7:58 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

My Dear Hotboy,

I could have sworn I posted a comment here earlier. Perhaps Eric's colleagues are monitoring things.

MM III

10:18 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - I can tell from here, your household has lost its aura of spirited young women. When you're feeling nostalgic, I hope this helps. There's even somebody called "jd" who shares your interest in retention.

LA - should you really be encouraging him? It's just another scam for use at the bottle shop (I think that's 'liquor store' in Americanese).

10:18 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - sorry to trouble you, but some people are still hoping to be enlightened about the zen puzzle you set for us here. I think the answer is "galaclava". Do I win?

While you're at it, could you help Eric and me out with an acceptable euphemism for the c-word/p-word/v-word? Preferably one that Heather will find acceptable too.

MM - you're a man of the world, could you help?

1:25 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

While you Brits have been asleep, there's been one hell of a conversation going on at heather's place. For instance, have you ever heard the term peckersnot?

5:40 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! The only acceptable expression is ra bliss. So you label it like that in terms of satiation and contentment. When you have the longing for the undraped manniquins in shop windows, you could refer to the parts as the emptiness. If you combine ra bliss with the emptiness, you might get the equanimity, and that's bound to help. Hotboy p.s. glasses. Boys never make passes at girls who wear glasses.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I guess it is a good thing that I wear contacts instead of glasses (well, at least most of the time)!
;)

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.