Saturday, October 01, 2005

Ra Home Alone!

Saturday 1:15p.m.
The Domestic Bliss flew off to America for twelve days this morning and the kid left home last week, so there's only me here.

Purification has to go on apace. My only excuse for drinking so much wonderful beer over the last couple of months has been the fact that I've been trying to stop consuming something else. It's called CannyBliss Yogurts, and I'd provide the recipe if this wasn't a public forum. You can't do these yogurts and expect to get anything like the fabulous experience of non-self and emptiness I had when I was about forty four, or ten years ago. It's described in about chapter four or five of this book here.

The webpage was hit four times yesterday and four times the day before. That's four times what it normally gets. This shows what a good move it was putting Adolf in charge of all technical matters as well as getting an advert from Samsaramom.

Motivation for cleaning up my act was to recreate the conditions which led to the first direct perception of non-self and emptiness. This is the closest I've been (i.e. half pissed nearly every night!) in ten years. The boy, I think he was called Happold, who wrote the book Mysticism where I discovered what had happened to me when I'd the direct perception of non-self and emptiness, says these states occur frequently in certain lifestyles, if I remember right.

Everybody sing: 'I want to be straight. I want to be straight. I'm fed up taking drugs and staying out late.' Maybe Reckless Eric. Not sure who I'm plagiarising here!

If I don't get too much incoming from flatheids, I've only myself to blame for not making the next twelve days exceptional for ra bliss. The only problem is that I've arranged to go to something with my daughter tonight and it starts ..... in a pub!

The sensei and reverend has posted a nice bit of writing here. He also blogged about a Times story from the UN, saying Scotland is the country where you're most likely to get assaulted. It seems you're three times more likely to get assaulted in Scotland than in the U.S.A. Brilliant!
In feudal times in England, you were given land if you could improve it. In Scotland, you got land if you could hold onto it. So psychos were breeding psychos here. Nutters with big swords. Maybe that accounts for so many nice English people. There's nothing in nice people. They're bottomless.

Dead bright folk among the jews were given wives from rich merchant families so they could get on with studying the Torah, and that. Maybe that's one of the reasons why there were so many bright jews, like Trotsky and Bob Dylan.

Anyway, this story about murderous Scottish basturns really cheered me up. I thought the invasive thoughts I've been prone to ... such as, technicolour visions of disembowelling folk who might have looked twice at me ... were just me. Thank god, they've considerably abated of late. But here's tae us. Wha's like us. Gie few an' they're aw deid!

11:00 p.m.
I'm not long back from the Trainspotting Tour of Leith, hosted by Tim Bell. I think I've blogged before about how the sensei and reverend was quite friendly with Irvine Welsh just around the time Trainspotting was getting published, or maybe just before that.

You spectate. It's like the Traverse when I hustled Alan Cummings in the toilet. Tilda Swinton was cutting her teeth on the stage around that time. I spoke to her for a minute (well, I was speeding out of my head at the time so it was maybe a minute to me!) at one of the parties there I blogged about a couple of days ago.

The sensei came to see me one night. I went to the bog and he picked something off from the fridge, under a magnet. It was the back end of a drawing by the daughter. I used to give her old bits of typescript to draw on. Anyway, the sensei says, 'I'll get that published in Rebel Inc.', a magazine that Kevin Williamson has just set up. Irvine Welsh also appeared in that issue. It might have been the second or first issue of a magazine that came and went. Anyway, I think the wonderful Trainspotting book came as a result of an editor reading Irvine Welsh's contribution to the magazine. The rest, as they say, is pots of money!

At this city of literature thing I was drinking free wine at on Tuesday, I met Tim Bell, and a nicer guy you couldn't possibly meet. He says he's the man who does the Trainspotting Tour of the places mentioned in the book. We're doing a bit of irony here maybe!

I told Tim I'd take my daughter on his tour ... well, she's left home (boohoo!) and her mother has just gone abroad for a while, so it might be a good thing for her and me to go to, etc. I arranged to meet the daughter outside the Filmhouse on Lothian Road.

On the cover of the original edition of Trainspotting is a quote saying : 'The best book since the bible!'. And he might be right. That's a quote from Kevin Williamson, who set up Rebel Inc., etc.

So I've arranged to meet the daughter outside the Filmhouse and who is standing outside it as well, but Kevin Williamson. This is a take two moment. I've waved my hand at Kevin Williamson every odd year since around 1992 or 1993, but haven't really spoken to him. So I goes over and says hullo and shows him the flyer. Someone handed me a funny smelling cigarette, but I said old guys like me only do ra bliss. Of course, I didn't really say that.

But what a weird moment! Kevin looks as skint as me. Some cats got it, some cats aint!

By the way, the tour is totally recommended. Irvine Welsh should take it. Maybe he could wear a wig. Or a false beard. Anyway, guys like Tim Bell are just great.

Idef (?) Piaf's dad was a street acrobat. Je ne regrettez fung all. I'd love to be a guy like that!

I'm a bit embarrassed about doing this instead of writing books nobody wants to publish, but there is more emotional feedback on blogging, isn't there? If you pass this way, leave a remark, like Hi Hi! Otherwise, it's a fish thing. HotboyMadyamikaS.O.B.

9 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Good strategy for staying on the right side of the racial vilification laws. Insult every minority equally in one post. I take my hat off to you. Even I in my heyday could never have managed that.

Can you at least email me the yoghurt recipe? I read the other day that someone has started manufacturing a beer made from milk. Beer and yoghurt is meat and drink to me.


Glossary:
I take my hat off to you
meat and drink to me

3:54 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Was the real name of that yogurt cannabis? haha
And why did the cigarette that Kevin handed you smell funny? HB, what kind of ciggy was it?
Hope you had fun with your daughter on the tour, sounds like fun.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: If I'm not going to really remember it, what's the point of doing it? I will remember the tour. It was a great explanation of everything about living in Edinburgh and knowing nothing about it. I'm nothing compared to this street acrobat. What's he got? Just himself and a book and a living to make. He was going better yoga than I will ever do. Thogh, of course, nay bliss! Hotboy.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

OH NO! I emailed Adolf the recipe for the Cannybliss Yogurts. It bounced right back. Also, Capn Jambo from Louissiana has been sending me emails to attend business meetings. Actually, I'm just up for sale. Now I will lie down on the floor. What a great day!

11:30 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - the recipe hasn't arrived. Nor have the photos of your bedroom wall. Can you re-send? I have checked my eamil accounts are working. What were you on when you typed my address?

I hope this helps.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! The email must have been sucked up by the big cyperspace security snoopers. But I'm getting business messages from Capn Jambo because her server in New Orleans was funged. Maybe he got the recipe.
I cannot send you a photie of the wall since I don't own a camera. I'd like to have posted a photie of my hut, but when there was a digital camera here (kid took it away), apparently we didn't have a cable or something. Just too blissed to be bothered really!! Hope this helps. Hotboy

2:31 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I want to see the wall, and the hut! HB you have to get a camera.
Where in the US did your Domestic Bliss go?

11:51 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: I'm not allowed to say anyting about the DB or she will hit me when she gets back! Hotboy

2:29 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

LA - Fear not, I will post a disguised reference to the place where the DB is at present, but I will not mention the DB, thus avoiding all litigation.

HB - the cannabis yoghurt recipe still hasn't got through to this end.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.