Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ra Holidays again!

Wednesday
This morning I was awake at 5 a.m. and lay in my kip doing yoga nidra for a bit. Then I got up and had a fabulous meditation. So much heat and bliss at some points I was wondering if it had ever been this good first thing in the day. Really. Despite drinking the beers last night. It's not fair. I don't deserve it.

It's going to be cold here this winter on the Unheard of Island and McDonald Islands. When you look down at the penguins huddling together on the rocks by the seashore, you think they must be cold. But they may be just like I was. Warm and glowing. Just closing their eyes and getting into ra bliss!!

9.00p.m.
Dull and overcast at the allotment today. I sat down outside the hut on a bag full of old newspapers I'd brought to burn and just went right into ra bliss. Fabulous warmth and bliss and light. I think I'm turning into a penguin, an emperor penguin. I think they huddle in the dark for months and months in the forty belows even further south than the Unheard of Island. They don't have any words. Mantras are supposed to control the interior monologue among other things. I wonder what it feels like to be a penguin huddling like that for months? Might feel great. The highpoint of the penguin calendar.

I dug for about an hour. Sometimes puffs of dust. Not as dry as the last time, but very, very dry. I ate some raspberries off the bushes. The allotments were quiet. I set fire to the newspapers partly to watch the flames. Otherwise, you never see flames.

Enjoyed the part in The Way of The White Clouds by Anagarika Govinda when he talks about these Tibetans finding some fuel after not having a fire for ages. Party time!

Did my shadow boxing routine tonight. Ten minutes skipping and six two minute rounds. Wearing the hat, teeshirt, two sweatshirts sandwiching a plastic bin bag.

The beer since the start of August has started putting on the fat. Eleven stone four. Dearie me. Still, the only beer tonight was a present from the travellers who returned from Vladivostok with a bottle of lager called Shiva. I kid you not. The god of destruction.

Going to have a nice few days. I'll actually write something of my novel, run, and sit here quietly doing nothing for hours and hours, waiting for clients for the Pet Bereavement Counselling Service. What a life!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hotboy, sounds pretty relaxing. Are you sure the penguins are not hovering together to form some sort of plot? heheh
It is really hot here:

Wednesday - 09/21
Mostly sunny with a hot afternoon.
High: 94
Wind: E 4-8 mph Sun Percentage: 75% Hours Of Rain: 0
Rain Potential: 0.00" Severe Weather Threat: None

Thursday - 09/22
Partly sunny. A hot afternoon..
Low: 69 High: 92
Wind: SE 6-12 mph Sun Percentage: 75% Hours Of Rain: 0
Rain Potential: 0.00" Severe Weather Threat: None

Friday - 09/23
Partly sunny.
Low: 71 High: 91

Definitely too hot for sweatshirts!
Have a blissfull day:)

11:03 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

LA - we use Centigrade on the islands, so it's hard to visualise your heat, I delegate that stuff to hotboy.

I trust your birthday was/is blissful.

HB - now you're getting the hang of this self-referentiality. Where would we be without copy and paste? Now if only I could copy and paste bits of my life. Would I just take the best bits and repeat them ad nauseam?

Somehow, I think your readers already know which bits you would duplicate.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

robmcj ~
94*F = 34*C
92*F = 33*C
91*F = 33*C
Hope that helps!
Yes, my birthday has been very nice, thank you.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann:The weather in Birmingham Alabama sounds perfect. Once you acclimatise, 100 degrees is great. People hand you beers in cold glasses wherever you go, and the young women don't cover themselves up much. What more could a body ask for?
Adolf: Thanks for the tip about the self-referring! I didn't know you could copy and paste posts. I'll try that sometime.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.