Thursday, September 15, 2005

Ra Rudeyness!

10:50p.m.
What a great day I've had today! Here it is.
Got up at seven and checked the blogosphere before breakfast. Sent an email to Rosemary Canter of PFD, the London literary agency, telling her that I'd started this book contest group. These people are busy and I assumed she'd forgotten all about putting up her two best books.

This put me a bit later to start meditating than usual, but I started at half eight and meditated through till half twelve. I had a break at half ten or so and went down the road a wee bit for a haircut. No1. This means I'm now a baldy. Barber says: You're a completely different person now. That boy understands the difference between appearance and reality!

I was meditating today in the living room. At half twelve I lay on the carpet and practised some yoga nidra i.e. corpse pose. It's a relaxation technique. So relaxed I fell asleep for two hours. Then started meditating again.

By this time, I'm right in ra bliss zone. Ra heat zone. Ra emanating zone. Truly great. You forget when you have to go to work how bloody wonderful the yajrayana meditations are.

Then I actually started re-writing my novel. Today was really the start of the re-write. At the moment, I've just got a 20,000 word skeleton. But I'm going to enjoy writing this. I have no expectation at all of it getting published, so I'm just going to really enjoy doing it. I do like writing. All the rest of writing business, like having to contact agents, etc, can be a pain in the butt. But you can still get a laugh!

Just before I started blogging I checked my mail, as you do, and had a reply from Rosemary Canter saying there was no point in being rude to her and go and look up the Writer's and Artists for an agent! Rude? What a smile crossed my face when I read that! Rude? They're actually senstive artists, these agents. They don't just do lunch and light cigars with ten pound notes after all! What a laugh! Cheered me up because I'd decided to expand on all this stuff in the re-write I'd just started. Rude? I wouldn't dream of being rude. When her books come third and fourth to my two, even then I won't be rude. I won't be smug. Just a little vindicated.

Adolf seems to have read Light in the Dark. He's saying nothing, but he's not twelve so he really doesn't count. I have to get into 3D meditations when I get a bit more time. They're described in that book ... how to do them.

There's a fabulous phone conversation in the blog of the sensei and reverend. Anonymous threatening phone call. I'd run a mile. Brilliant rendition of it though. The sensei got a kicking in Edinburgh once. I was totally impressed by his response. Joe Stalin told his secret police to beat people up because he'd been beaten up as an underground revolutionary and knew how difficult it was for folk to handle that psychologically. The sensei wasn't bothered, as far as I could see. The boy's going to get shot though. He is. I've seen Mississippi Burning and although he's in Tennessee, he'll still get shot. Despite once being a professional boxer, the sensei has a figure that makes Olive Oil look as if she's been on steroids and in the gym for years with Big Arnie, so if he turns sideways, he's got a chance. If the bullets don't kill him, I'll have to borrow some money so I can send him some Irn Bru in hospital. I bet he's missing that!

I did my six mile run this evening. Part of the purification and accumulation. Felt really good for almost all of it. Rhythm and balance. I weighed in before I put on the three jumpers at eleven stone two or three, or seventy one kilos if you're from abroad. That's not bad considering I've been investigating ra beer as well as ra bliss since the start of August!

I wish everyone could have a day like today. Great day. Great day!

6 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Do you think maybe Rosemary was alluding to my rude comment about her boring book? At least that would prove she reads you blog.

6:55 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

r

6:55 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

r is an odd comment, Adolf!That might be counted as your second spelling mistake. No, I think it was my very own inimitable way of networking! But I certainly wasn't trying to be rude. It comes naturally to some people. It's an insider outsider thing probably. They want you to crawl to money. But I don't know. My books are far better than hers. That's not my fault. She certainly doesn't look at this blog!Hotboy

5:55 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say...

The old Bag in the Basement of the apartement I once lived in, back in dear old Blighty, once hailed me thus: "Mr Milngavie, you are a very rude man! Let me speak with your wife."

All I'd done was point out, in no uncertain tones, mind you, that I certainly did not appreciate the day-glow turquoise colour that she'd painted her side of the fence, and especially the drips that had nectarised onto my side of the fence.

Ignore her, dear chap, like I did the old Bag. Her loss.

As per you attaining the 'emanating zone' - well done, old chap! Join the club.

MM III

11:24 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I was just trying to correct the spelling mistake in the preceding comment. I shouldn't have bothered

1:17 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

hahaha ~ you guys are cracking me up! robmcj: "r" Then hotboy saying "r is an odd comment, Adolf!That might be counted as your second spelling mistake." Then Menzies Milngavie III says "I say..." (I adore that exclamation). I would love to hear the way all of you talk, I just know I would love your accents and words.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.