Friday, September 09, 2005

Ra Recriminations!

11:45a.m.
Wakened up today with that Oh, no! feeling. What did I do or say last night then? Then I managed to lock myself out of the house. Then an hour on the blogosphere to see if I'd been making an idiot of myself somewhere. Of course, I had. Here for one.

Dearie me. Thank god buddhists aren't into guilt. Guilt is morbid. We're not supposed to do guilt. Let's just put these unfortunate slips behind us and march on.

I'm not going to Bellshill today. It's overcast and it will rain all day. I haven't meditated today so far, which is regrettable and very unusual. So I'll stay in. Meditate and blog. Lee Anne said she didn't understand ra bliss. I'm away to find some. I'll tell you what it is when I get back. Hotboy

1:00p.m.
I'm feeling very good. Expensive bottled beer. Made by the German rules. Is very good indeed. Don't feel bad today at all. Not fair. If I felt like crap, there would be no chance of drinking any tonight!

This is RaBlissBlog! I have enjoyed Lee Anne coming to this blog and she isn't sure what ra bliss is. I should be doing some real writing today, but what the hell! Here we go!

Remember. Slowly slowly catchee monkey. Rome wasn't built in a day. You have to give the juju your time.

Ra bliss is the opposite of suffering. Has to be. In the dichotomies we live with. One end of the scale you have bliss and at the other end you have ..... grief, sorrow, lamentations ... the suffering in this life. If you know anything about buddhism, you're given a choice. Suffering or bliss? I thought at one point I should understand the Second Noble Truth which is why I tried to write a travelogue about buddhism, The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf.

Suffering is cased by desire based on ignorance of your own truth self.

Sometimes maybe rendered: Suffering is caused by actions and delusions based on ignorance of your own true self.

So find out what your own true self is and maybe you won't want the wrong things and you won't suffer so much as a consequence. Is this what the boy is saying?

There is nothing so wonderful as meditation. Meditate and you will get ra bliss sometime down the road. Bliss is unavoidable. Calming meditation is the basis. You have to do calming meditations and you will get access to ra bliss.

I started by taking up the mantra Susquehanna. Now I used Om Mani Padme Hung and Om Ah Hung Vajra Guru Padma Siddhi Hung, but I've recommended Susquehanna to Skinny McDuck among others because it certainly worked for me. And it has no religious connotations. You don't need anything else. Except calming meditations. You could count your breaths, or just pay attention to your breath, but I think mantra is easier. It fixes your mind easier. We're talking about focus, paying attention here.

Repeating a sound to yourself and going back to it when you've realised that your daydreaming is just that .... repeating a sound to yourself. But something else starts to happen. You're looking for the zone. You're looking to find out what meditation actually is and trying to stick with it.

We are conditioned by punishment and reward in the realm of desire. What do you think puts men and women into caves meditating for years on end? Rewards. Mega rewards. Unimaginable to flatheids, but they're not doing these jujus because they like to suffer. By the time you get to the cave, it won't even be deferred gratification. You'll be surfing the oceans of bliss.

There's a lot of river imagery in buddhism, which is partly why I ended up using Susquehanna. That is a wonderful sound. Susquehanna. Susquehanna. Susquehanna. Anyway! At the start of a river, there's a wee trickle. It starts and stops. It gets stuck on boulders. It disappears entirely sometimes, but rivers have got to start somewhere. Eventually, it runs strong and seems unstoppable. This accords with my experience. Here comes the oceans of bliss.

It might be helpful if you try to look for sweeties. I mean, pleasurable feelings. Access a pleasurable feeling in meditation and try to get back to it.

The end result, it said in this book, of straightforward calming meditation is physical bliss and mental ecstasy. It was put as the 34th stage of calming meditation. There might have been 36 stages given in all. Physical bliss and mental ecstasy isn't to be knocked. When I thought I must be in this stage once while sitting in my room at the Samye Ling, tears of joy began running down my face

We've all got to start somewhere. If you started now and put in the time, within five years you'd have access to loads of bliss. Is anything else you're doing just now actually going to make you happier in five years time? Anything? Don't start meditating and in five years time ask yourself if you have access to any bliss at all. As Beef McDuck would say: You've knobbed up somewhere!

Before you get to overwhelming doses of the wonderful bliss, you will get lots of little presents to keep you going. Maybe little flashes of light. Funny wriggly sensations in your body.

Even if you don't get anything for ages, calming meditations are great for your physical and mental well being.

You still might be wondering what your own true self is. I'll go and meditate for a couple of hours and get back to you on that! Hotboy

4:50p.m.
I've been having a wonderful time this afternoon, sitting in my room, back to the door, gazing down at the Kalachakra Mandala sticker on the back of my old diary. Got back here to find a comment from Lee Anne. She understands what ra bliss is. Great! It's just so hard to describe a feeling. I'll do that this evening when I can't stay in my room for sociability reasons. Right now, here's some more about ra bliss!

There's three vehicles in Tibetan Buddhism. Hinayana, Mahayana and Vajrayana. (Don't take anything I say about Buddhism to be gospel. I only know what I can remember from books). I think you can sort of practise them simultaneously.

Does everyone out there understand emptiness? Bliss should eventually be combined with emptiness. Realising emptiness is the important bit, I think.

Non-self and emptiness!

In the Hinayana, you just leave the world as it is. It can have separate things in it. It can be composed of atoms and molecules and who cares what else. You don't need so much to worry about compassion. You need discipline. You're going to try and save yourself first. You would probably just do what I said early to get the calming meditational stuff. Say, you'd become very calm just sitting there. Thoughts will flow evenly one to the other. Nothing is jumping about in your consciousness. You might even be able to anticipate the arrival of a thought if you get calm enough.

You're just sitting there. Then take a wee bit of your awareness and go looking for your false sense of self. Where is it? Even once you've understood what a false sense of self might be, this isn't easy. You could periodically move from the calming stuff into this. Once your brain is done in, you could go back to straight calming stuff.

In the Mahayana, you care. I like reading samsaramom writing about her kids. Though her kids must drive her round the bend, I'm sure she loves them unconditionally. This is what you try to develope in the Mahayana. Unconditional love. Compassion and altruism is the basis of the path. If you're a Christian, just substitute Christ for the Buddha and you're still with us here.

Developing compassion isn't easy either.

By this time, you're not leaving the world/reality just the way it is. The Geluptas, the Dalai Lama's sect, are big on the intellectual understanding of emptiness. There are lots of books under his name. They're not hard to read because they're transcriptions of talks. A joe called Nagarjuna is big on this part of the juju. The middle way between existence and non-existence. Form is emptiness. Emptiness is form. Appearance is emptiness. Emptiness is appearance. Stuff isn't what it seems to be. Even thinking of atomic structure might help here. You can't see that. It's deduced, or inferred.

I took refuge with the Great Buddha Lama Yeshe Losal at Christmas time in 2003 so I could practise the Six Yogas of Naropa (You have to have a look at The Bliss Of Inner Fire). This is the great Vajrayana. Monastics practise this, but you don't have to be a monastic.

From this point on, I cannot claim sole responsibility (I wouldn't claim that anyway!) for any of the wonderful things that have happened to me.

After that, I tried to get into vase breathing. Last year, I noticed that this was working. By this I mean that if you breath a certain way, you will get bliss. You are no longer so passive. You can do something and something else will occur.

I have no explanation for this!

I can't do it all the time and I still need to practise a bit before I get into it. (Well, you shouldn't drink beer then, should you?). At this point you can sometimes get out of your face on air.

AT THIS POINT YOU CAN SOMETIMES GET OUT OF YOUR FACE ON AIR!!

I've always thought meditation wasn't marketed properly. Physical bliss and mental ecstasy. YOU CAN SOMETIMES GET OUT OF YOUR FACE ON AIR!

There's plenty of air about. It doesn't cost anything. Nobody has tried to make breathing illegal yet!

5:35p.m. I'm away back to my room for a bit. I might blog about the Vajrayana when I get back!

7:35 p.m.
Incendium Amoris (fire of love) seems to be what medieval Christian mystics called ra bliss of inner fire. I think this gave some of them a lot of bother. It certainly gave Gopi Krishna a lot of bother if it's the kundalini, which it must be. We talking about the experiences of the human beings here. It's not really about a particular religion.

I joined the Karma Kagyu sect of Tibetan Buddhism when I took refuge with Lama Yeshe. They say they have 'the skillful means'. Though everyone is going the same way, I don't think the Samye Ling crowd are so bothered about the intellectual.
If you just do it, it'll happen anyway.
Someone has come in. Bye, bye!

12:52 p.m.
I did some posting that was lost in cyberspace. Bloggy people were down for some reason. About half eleven. About ra bliss in terms of experience. How does it feel? Better after about nine. God knows why. Felt very good. Might not have made much sense. What a good day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Ok, I understand the word "bliss". I just wasn't sure if you were using it in other context. I think the "RA" throws me. Sometimes the words you use are not normal conversation over here. Great learning experience. I am going to find Ra bliss today, I hope. :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

It all sounds beautiful. You have explained it well.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here madyamika2000.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research displays that about 60% of all U.S. adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.