Sunday, August 28, 2005

Ra Sunday

11:10 a.m.
It's dull, overcast, damp and a bit cold today in Edinburgh. The curtains are drawn and the house will be empty till five or six at the earliest. Sitting quietly, doing nothing. It's going to be a good day for that.

12:15 p.m.
I had a comment on the last post asking me why I was trying to stop drinking beer. Well, I only work part time and can't afford it. Also, putting any kind of drugs into your uncontrolled mind isn't going to help with ra bliss. I think .... well, I know .... the meditations work better if your nervous system is well tuned. Beer knocks it off, even if just a wee bit. We're talking subtlties (and spelling!) here. Fixing your mind and concentration. Let's get a clear mind!

Last night because of all the good work during the day and because I enjoy it, I went out for some beers. One of them was Hoegaarden Grand Cru, sold in 33cl bottles and weighing in at 8.5% alcohol. If it wasn't for ra bliss!

Due to the beers, my concentration hasn't been brilliant this morning. But ra bliss, ra bliss! God knows what ra bliss would have been like if I'd kept away from the off-licence. Bliss is what happens to your mind and body if you meditate a lot. But it is not a simple thing and so it does not stay the same. The bliss this morning was back to the kind of hit God would give himself. When it's like that, it feels so wonderful you can't really adequately describe it.

2:10p.m.
I think ra bliss and heat from that last session was greater than any I've had since I came back from the Samye Ling a month ago. That's why you shouldn't drink or take any drugs at all when you're doing this juju. The drink and drugs just ruin the hit. This is sad but true. If I was more a clean machine these days, that's the kind of hit I could start meditations with. What a great idea!

I'm going to have a break for a bit so I'm not trying too hard!

10:20p.m.
I did twenty minutes of sun salutations around five then ten minutes skipping. Knocked hell out of me! I don't know how I managed an hour of sun salutations with Shiva only a month or so ago. Yon's heroic yoga. Then the other people who live here arrived back. That was good. Then they went away again. That was even better! More of ra bliss maybe.

Due mainly to the training session earlier in the day, I nearly fell asleep doing the juju around nine. So I read my current cosmic book (Generation Stage in Budddhist Tantra by Gyatrul Rinpoche) and got to the bit at the end. Persevere through weariness, the boy said earlier on, so I had another bash.

This is RaBlissBlog here to tell you all about ra bliss! We've all seen Star Wars. We know what a light sword is. The last meditation was just like that. You're sitting in the middle of a light sword. There's a lot of uplift. It's kind of nicely hot and very blissy. Thoughts aren't really bothering you too much. Nothing much is. That was it. Or at least a big slice of it! Nothing would bother you. Cold? Where? It's going to be an interesting winter coming up.

I like to thank the Masai Warriors and their cattle for bearing witness with me. And hullo to the Martians (I know you're there!) and you robots with your little bits of spam. I've been sitting in a light sword. Darth Vader eat your heart out! May the force be with you! HotboyMadyamikaS.O.B.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Can't get the fung link to work. Typical!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Luke Luke...use the RaBliss...may the Ra Bliss be with you...always...

6:55 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

I did laugh there, Heather! That was funny.
"How do you stop the distant temple bells from ringing?" Does make you think if you want to. I used to write things on my wall. I never wrote, "How can nothing exist outside your own mind?" One day maybe it'll work again. (Sorry, Heather, that's a really in-in-in comment. Don't know how to do this comment response thing!) Hotboy

9:02 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Hotboy. I know how it is - the hardest part of philandering is getting the women's names right. I find that having a clear mind helps.

I hope this helps.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.