Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ra Wednesday

1:35p.m.
That's the first week back at work over! Just checked my webpage. The hits on it have doubled for some reason over the last fortnight. Wonder why. If anyone has trouble downloading anything, just email me and I'll get back to you tout suite.

Finished another hard week at the jobbiething. Allah Akbar! Don't have to go back till next Monday. I'll have to start the re-write of my current novel, which regular readers to this blog will realise has already been rejected by everyone before it was even written, within the next couple of days.

Adolf says I've been missing comments on my blog because I don't get them emailed to me. Well, I've sorted that and anyone now can comment on this blog. A right wee nerdy person am I!

This is a good time. I'm going to spend most of the afternoon in the allotment. What a fortunate creature!

9:45p.m.
Read something interesting in the intro to the Tibetan Book of the Dead this evening. The Tibetan who was responsible for the translation had studied Christianity and rejected it as an immature version of Buddhism. He reckoned that Asokan missionaries (Asoka was a buddhist emperor) from India went to Syria and Alexandria, where they spread the idea of some kind of trinity. He also reckoned there must be some kind of buddhisty connection with the Essenes, whom Christ was supposed to have connections with (maybe). Anyway, he says Christ must have known about buddhism because the ethics of the Sermon on the Mount are buddhist.

Made my night. I must have read that before.

There is a brilliant editorial from the sensei and reverend which might rate as one long suicide note. I think he should go around Tennessee in one of those hats Ned Kelly used to wear ... the steel bucket job.

Brian Wilson would be so sorry to miss the Australians getting whacked at creekit out the back tomorrow. I've decided to relent and go and get him. This will cost me as he is now in the pet shop, a goldfish. Getting the wrathful deities pissed in the bardo didn't help. They've got three eyes in each head so they can see the past, present and future. They knew he'd be a goldfish all along!

2 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

About the Tibetan who rejected Christianity as an immature version of Buddhism. What did he have to say about Islam?

As we wait for Apocalypse, I would feel a lot more positive towards the jihadists if their world view was the result of a lifetime of buddhist bliss; instead of a lifetime of rocking to and fro over the koran and stoning women who reveal their ankles.

I hope this helps. What is your enlightened opinion?

Regarding the sensei's suicide bid, this post is my own bid to match him, and it's now a toss up who will strike first - Commissioner Creel or the McDonald Islands chapter of Al Qaeda.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

It says at the start of the Koran that Christ isn't God. That sold it to me straight away. Unfortunately, I never finished it. The aggressive aspects of Islam are obviously regrettable, but I read about the sufis once and loved them. Here's a sufi poem from my wall. Hope this helps.
I AM NOT THE BODY
I AM NOT THE SENSES
I AM NOT THE MIND
WHAT THEN AM I? WHAT IS THE SELF?
IT IS IN THE BODY
IT IS IN EVERYBODY
IT IS EVERYWHERE. IT IS THE ALL.
IT IS SELF. I AM IT. ABSOLUTE ONENESS.
So,these boys are buddhists. Spin like tops as well. Hope this helps. Hotboy

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.