Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ra Tuesday!

5:10p.m.
Robert Dudley of the Elizabethan era didn't like Light in the Dark. I sent him a fabulous email to get him to start reading it anyway. I might recycle that email if I get the usual response to the kidbooks from kids this term. The book fight is still on! I got the offer of five copies of the Wind Singer by William Nicholson. I haven't read it. It's the first one up. Then I'll give the kids one of mine with Alison Main on the title page. The kids will have to mark the books out of ten and then say if they liked that book better than the last one they read. The second book will be Bugtown, which I don't think is quite as strong as Light in the Dark. Then, the next book will be Missing by Cathy McPhail. These books should, of course, beat mine since they have been edited, published and recommended by a top agent, who rejected my books. We'll see. Aye, think you're hard enough? I could have been a contender, you know!

The reason why I'm blogging is to relate the events of 4 a.m. on Monday morning. I got up to go to the bog ( five beers on Sunday!), but when I lay back down, I felt as if in this wonderful blissful cocoon. It was like a cocoon except it didn't really have an edge. A lot of bliss though. Sometimes I've wakened up with this cocoon (though not generally such a strong bliss) when I've been getting up at my normal time (6 a.m.), but that bliss on Monday morning was really something else. Difficult for flatheids who don't know what ra bliss is. But episodes like that really make me glad I stuck with the meditating. You can't buy feelings like that. I have tried!

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

A propos of nothing (this comment belongs logically with one of your April posts but if I leave it there you'll never read it):

It's no go the Yogi-man, it's no go Blavatsky,
All we want is a bank balance and a bit of skirt in a taxi.

Louis McNeice (1907-1963)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Reading those last lines, I thought that was a bit like poetry. Then I saw this boy's name; some dead anagram; and lo! it was poetry! Or maybe not. Sitting wiggling his eyeballs about all day waiting for similes: that boy will never get ra bliss!

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cocoon, eh? Watch out for that, I would.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.