Saturday, August 13, 2005

Ra Saturday

12:30p.m.
16 folk hit my webpage last week. That's just about double the hits it normally takes. If anyone has any bother dowloading anything (it only allows limited dowloads apparently), just email me and I'll send whatever as an attachment.

It's been nice getting pleasant responses. Jeff from America somewhere seemed to like Bomber. At least, he read it awful quick. Michi Regier has read Light in the Dark and The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf. Beef McDuck has read Light in the Dark and Ancient Futures. Nobody has read The Real McCoy that I know of. That should be quite good since I loved writing it.

Since I set this site up in February to attract an agent, I don't think I've managed to get an agent to read anything yet. I have sent out a few packages with three chapters from the thing I'm working on now, but I'm sure that's a complete waste of time.

I guess I might start hustling publishers and give up agent hustling by Christmas, so if anyone likes anything on the site, it would be helpful if you sent me an email saying so. I could use them.

It's raining today in the wonderful Festival city. Let it rain. The flatheids can't bother me today. I can meditate as much as I like. Roll on ra bliss! Roll on ra heat!

5 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

Just back from a trip up country, hence the lack of recent posts.

Its rather sad - Maralal just isn't the same, nowadays, without being able to call in at Wilfred's for some chai on his khondi.

Anyway, I can throw some light on where some of the RaBlissBlog hits are coming from. Would you believe it? There's now an Internet cafe in Loyangalani!! Some of the local Turkana seem to get a real thrill out of reading Madyamika's ponderings. I think they may be amused by the various mentions of the Masaii.

My goodness - I remember delivering the 1st generator for the entire district, back in the mid- seventies. Ruined the Land Cruiser on that trip, as well.

MM III

1:15 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

MM. long time no see. I've not been able to find a definition for khondi. any relation to bondi?

Hotboy. I am the person who listened to The Real McCoy when it was broadcast as a radio play.

Also, I understand one of the themes of Ancient Futures - for the Iraban and the Juremi, read the Sunni and the Shia. Prescient.

And I see now why the locals here refer to your cave as the demon master's cave.

I'll post further revelations as I keep reading. I hope this helps.

10:09 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I think you knew all along that Right In The Dark, Chapter 2, where Yuktesbava meets the stone-throwing neds is almost word-for-word what happened to me in 1969 outside The Horshoe Inn, Argyle St, Glasgow, when I spoke German with several members of the Tongs. Except they called me a kraut instead of a turnip. And of course they used knives, not stones.

You have my permission to continue to use the story.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! You should read the Autobiography of a Murderer by Hugh Collins. It's got stuff about the horrible people who went to those pubs and chibbed folk! Some of it brilliantly written. Shocked that you seem familiar with the wonderful writings, and a bit embarrassing. Being a post-modernist. Shame you're far too rich to want to make any dosh from them. Can you recognise West Australia in Ancient Futures? Hotboy. P.S Welcome back to Menzies!

11:26 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

Rob,

'Khondi' - Ah...its a name used in certain parts of Malawi and elsewhere to describe a veranda. See, for example, http://www.onlinehomeexchange.com/Africa,Malawi,Blantyre,0098.htm.

By the way, I can certainly recommend the Club Makokola, which is nearby the cottage mentioned in that advert. However, watch out for Henrietta, the local hippo, if you decide to widsurf south of the Club. She's given me more than one scare.

Whilst I'm posting, could I just say hello to Norrie, Tonde and Nicho, from the Loyangalani Internet Cafe? Hope you are all well, and as you can see, I returned safely from Darfur.

MM III

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.