Monday, August 01, 2005

Ris Bloggy Business!

RaBlissBlog has had 948 visitors since it was set up and 2918 hits. Since I still don't know what there figures mean, I have to assume that the hits are from robots, and my friends from outer space. I've been wondering if it's worth going on with this blog, but it was hit 28 times on Saturday and 33 times the Friday before. Maybe there's about twenty people reading this every week. Who knows?

The return to samsara has been really hard. Yesterday I got a bit of my life back and spent from about eleven a.m. till half five meditating in the allotment. That was wonderfully re-affirming.

At the Samye Ling, you have to pay for an hour on the computers these days. So if you've committed yourself to emailing someone, you might as well blog. I thought folk back here were looking at the blog and I wouldn't have to describe the time I'd had when I got back. Of course, they weren't looking at the blog. Who was? People trying to find out about agents come to this blog. Also, people looking for wet teeshirts and Masai Warriors. I have not attracted anyone who seems to know about ra bliss. My web page gets about seven hits a week, but I've no idea if any of these folk are downloading books. Anyway, all the traffic it gets seems to come from e-book directories. I do enjoy blogging, but I'd also like it to be useful.

I've been reading a book about generation stage deity yoga. As soon as I read something like that, I realise I know almost nothing about Tibetan Buddhism. This is not a good resource for anything even mildly technical. It is good if you want to find out about ra bliss, ra ecstasy and ra rapture, but I don't think I've ever got anyone to meditate yet and I don't suppose I ever will. I'll just have to accept that the world is full of flatheids.

Everything I know about buddhism is in The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf and this blog. There's no need to write any more on that. How I got to ra bliss has been described.

I'm having to leave here on the Unheard of and McDonald Islands to go on a car journey to Skye. Toad of Toad Hall is driving, but luckily she's been given Mr Magoo's specs, so the next bit might be a bit irrelevant. I won't be back till Friday.

As far as agents are concerned, I've been trying really hard since February. I've sent out at least 300 emails to agents in Britain. Only one, Robert Dudley of the Elizabethan era, really paid any attention to it. I emailed him a couple of days ago to tell him to look at Light in the Dark. But he probably won't. Apart from that Anjali Pratap was supposed to be looking at the kidbooks, but she obviously hasn't got much time for reading books at her work. Then there's Rosemary Canter who agreed to put up two books in competition to mine with a jury of five fresh new first year kids.

I didn't need a blog for any of that last bit!

I'd like to have a reason to keep doing this. Unless I get some comments telling me to go on, I think I might stop. I could start a blog as a 13 year old, my future literary agent, from Dayton Ohio called Alvin Sheerman. That at least would be interesting as a writing exercise. The other option is to kill off Brian Wilson.

He hasn't got a blog and couldn't retaliate. Also, anyone who can take out their dentures and place them on top of a public bar to suck up pink sticky stuff through a straw deserves all they get. And he refuses to meditate. So I could kill him and put him through the bardo. That's the 49 days between death and rebirth. This would give me an excuse to go back and read the Tibetan Book Of the Dead.

Happy days to anyone who reads this. If it's been any use to you, leave a comment. Otherwise, it's hullo Alvin and over and out from HotboyMadyamikaS.O.B.

4 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Hotboy, don't despair, this is all we need to distribute Rabliss Tshirts all around the islands. We'll make a fortune when the cruise ships call.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Not if someone gets their eye knocked out with a flying t-shirt! Despair and self pity I have cast off after viewing the lepers abroad, or at least in Skye. My good spirits have returned! Boosting the island economy is what I think I should concentrate on now. Good start, Adolf! Not lost the old touch, eh? Hotboy

8:20 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Glas to hear about the duty-free Talisker. Let me know if you want some help with it.

Boosting the island economy - will you be doing that via Thissblog?

2:07 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Hotboy. There are dozens of reasons why it is your duty to keep blogging:

Thanks to your blog I am now familiar with Buddhist jargon. Next time I meet a buddhist at a party, I can converse on equal terms about satsuma, pakora, etc.

It was your blog that introduced me to Michi, the short-lived love of my life.

You have performed the socially-responsible function of distracting me from teenagers' blogs. Who knows what I might get up to if I didn't have your daily post to occupy me?

Your example has persuaded me to take up meditation, just as soon as I am desperate enough.

RaBlissBlog has scored us a worldwide agency for Rabliss T-shirts, which will be a goldmine when the jihad gets into top gear and terrorised Western consumers start to look inward for peace. All we need is a slogan, like Nike's "just do it!" Might I suggest "Feel the Heat"?

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.