Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Ra SixthDay!

3:25p.m.
I'll just copy what I wrote in my diary as an hour on this machine isn't as long as you think.

2:50p.m. Temple. Teresa and the Big Indian have just left (after Makhala prayers.) No one here but me. I had to wipe the tears of gratitute from my face. Such bliss! Took a breath during the gong bashing and the amount of bliss that followed going into the zone was phenomenal. It just worked. I wasn't in a particularly calm frame of mind. You don't need to be in a deep absorption.(?) And the day is
TUESDAY 26TH JULY, 2005.
(This is underlined three times)
I think I'm ready to be a dharma practitioner now.

Well, there it is. And the day isn't over yet by any manner of means!

It was pretty good before that as well!

Last night I sat up in the tent for a bit with the hood of my jacket up and a baseball cap on. (In case I had to hang a towel over my head!). The air was thick with joss stick smoke and the midgies had vacated the joint earlier, it seems. About 10:09 am, I wrote: I have been sitting here in my teeshirt, so it's a bit cold (this is Scotland in July!). I've been doing a vase breath. It's working. I can warm myself up a bit without too much effort. Isn't that wonderful? Even I have difficulty accepting it. I need a pee so I'll have my coffee break now.

You can just get up and walk away!

I read about the rebirth of Tomo Geshe in the book. A wee tear there as well. I guess I'm a bit emotional today!The book is really inspirational in a way it wasn't when I read it in Nepal. Changed days.

Two things. You're not supposed to do the breathing till you've mastered the deity yoga, I don't think. You should at least have all the tubes in place and the symbols. I'm just managing to make the navel one glow a wee bit, but I feel safe and I seem to be getting results. But you may ask, what kind of results will you be able to get when you can do the visualisations? Have you hit the first bliss yet. Nope! I don't think I've raised enough heat. I haven't melted any symbols.

God, this is going to be a trip. I'll definitely have to live another couple of years.

I don't know anything about Buddhism. I don't know how or why this is happening really. But I feel safe and I don't think I'll get hurt. Why is that?

I can only surmise that it might have something to do with the fact that I've now taken refuge with two of the greatest buddhist practitioners anywhere outside the far east. And maybe even there. I don't know.

Here's an amusing back story.

I first saw Dr Akong the second time I came down here. I'd been talking to a guy in administration and I told him I'd written a radio play, which I couldn't have written if I hadn't started to meditate. He said I should see the Rinpoche. So maybe the Rinpoche had heard about this writing stuff. I didn't make much sense at the talk with him. He gave me a very weird look at one point when I told him I was helped by the no smoking policy not to smoke for a couple of days. Then he gave me this bug eyed frozen look for a second or two.

If Anjali Pratap is reading this and she doesn't like Light in the Dark, maybe she's in the right business because the shelves in my library are full of crap! I'll have to move hell and high water to get that published so I can give these folk some money. Though I don't think they need it really. I would just be handy . They're looking for £65,000 to fund a seven day mantra session (without sleep) on the Holy Island next August. Make it a target. Get out of the job before that and go! (even if they won't let you in and you have to sit outside!).

Love to the Domestic Bliss and the wonderful daughter. The partner sometimes worries, I think, that I might go away with this juju. All these guys in the Govinda book are married with children. They wear pony tails. I want to be one of them! Must go and check my emails before this goes off! So wonderful to be here. So wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.