Friday, July 22, 2005

Ra Samye Day Two!

3.22p.m.
What a fortunate creature I am! I don't think I've done much to deserve such joy and bliss. I think men in the mystic mountains must have found me in the phone book by sticking in a pin, said: make him a hotboy! What a time I'm going to have here!

Tiny entities attacked me last night. I was having such a good time as well. Then I got back to the tent and found it taken over for a midgie rave. Where did they all come from? The front was zipped up. I only have to walk about four paces across grass so I don't see how I could have brought them in. Dearie me. I'd taken refuge and you're not supposed to kill. Or do anything bad for twenty four hours. Or maybe just not killing things with emotions like, don't kill me, please! Anyway, I put on a candle and read for a bit hoping they'd go away. No. I finally found that I could breathe with my jacket over my face and got up at seven thirty, about an hour or so later than perfect. Sat up right into a cloud of midgies. The tiny entities had been breeding. Must have. Where's the agent orange for midgies? Before I came here I took some joss sticks to the tent and lit two. I don't like joss sticks. Passive smoking. Hope the midgies don't like it either!

So I had hardly time to eat something before I had to sit down for the eight o clock meditation. Lama Yeshe wasn't there. I don't think he's at the centre. Anyway, I just sat there doing calming stuff for the hour and the bliss came on. But if you don't start right, you're always catching up. Then everyone went away and I stayed for another hour. Then I went into the back temple where the visitors never go. Two people meditating in there. Sat down.

The door opened and this kid must have stuck his head in (I had eyes shut all morning) and said, on seeing the folk sitting there, "Are they real?". Perfect! The kid got it in one! What is reality, was, I think, the question for the first big conference after the death of the buddha. Both exist and don't exist at the same time. Exist but not in the way you think you exist. Excellent.

In the back temple, I did some sun salutations and then a very good Tai Chi set. These sets and meditation really go together.

After lunch, I went out to the seat in front of the stupa. It was sunny and warm. I closed by eyes for about an hour and a quarter, almost all the time in bliss, sometimes great bliss. There was such accessiblity to ra bliss that I couldn't really be bothered with vase breathing. In these states, as long as your mind doesn't wander you are in ra bliss to some degree or other.

I gave a thought to the samsaramom, who did a retreat recently, but didn't get too much of ra bliss. You will get ra bliss, Heather! Unfortunately, we are surrounded by silly people, but if you stay with it, you'll get it.

I'm going out to the river. There's an island you can jump onto and no one will bother you. Tonight I expect to be blootered by ra bliss! There's nothing beats happiness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.