Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Ra Practice!

Since someone might have asked me to join a buddhist blog ring, I should maybe detail my practice. This is what I did when I got up today.

First, a wee bit of alternate nostril breathing. I take refuge in the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha. May I gain enlightenment for the sake of all sentient beings.Then I go through my gurus, visualising them in front of me and then on top of my head. Then I turn them into a white line and run them through my body. Sometimes black stuff goes way down and is eaten by a bliss dragon far below. Bit confused and tired for that at the start today.

The guru list just now is root guru, the great buddha Lama Yeshe Losal; Dalai Lama; Kalu Rinpoche; 16th Karmapa; 17 Karmapa; Lama Thebten Losal (the author of The Bliss Of Inner Fire); then back to Lama Yeshe Losal.

Maybe I should be doing this just with the lama, but I've been doing this, or variations of it, for years now.

Then I do Jesus Christ from the Turin Shroud photie. I've been doing this for just a couple of years. Same as the other gurus, but with prayers, sort of. Lamb of God who takest away the sins of the world have mercy on us. Repeat twice. Lamb of God who takest away the sins of the world grant us peace. When it's on top of my head, I say: Jesus Christ, who suffered and died for me, is my guru, give me your wisdom mind.

After that I visualise all the dead folk I know and try to give them a bit.

Then I go through the process of dying as described in the books. (Mirage, smoke, fireflies, flame, white, red, black). Then Dharmakaya, Sambhokakaya, Nirmakaya. Then you are in the mandala, and you can do some vase breathing and get right out of your head.

Then the alarm went. That takes an hour. I'd like to have just sat there for a while with just the red symbol at the navel, but didn't have the time today.

I'm definitely not a tough guy. It takes me a while to get to sitting quietly doing nohing!

This blog has had 706 visitors since it the blogpatrol thing was put on about March. Also, it's had 2216 hits. Unfortunately, I don't know what they mean. Yesterday, 16 visitors. Usually, there's about eight to ten. I assume that means these people have been before, but who knows?

I got a really nice email this morning from Jean Kitson of MBA. I don't know why I sent her the email since she says she only represents screenwriters, but she said she'd pass the email on. Some people sound naturally sympathic. The email send out last week actually produced a couple of nice replies and Robert Dudley from the court of Elizabeth Ist even followed it up!

Because I have to put them into a contest in August, I have re-read Bugtown and Light in the Dark over the past two days. Bugtown is okay. I've just finished Light In The Dark. It blew me away. I went into this reading with a lot of insecurities (thought of bits maybe to change, etc.), but came out totally reassured. It might be the best thing I've ever written. When I was getting kids to read it, telling them it was written by someone else, it beat Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone four to one. I was a bit perplexed by that, but now I realise it's because it's fung brilliant. I'm afraid anyone who knocked that back who is involved in kidbooks needs their head examined.

I wrote about my practice earlier. Michi Regier mentioned something about the meditational juju in Light In The Dark. I'd forgotten or I get insecure when folk read stuff. Anyway, three dimensional meditations are the name of the game according to Anagarika Govinda who sold me on Tibetan Buddhism originally. Light in the Dark is a great book for Buddhist parents! And kids! I'm so pleased I liked it.

I'm expecting Anjali Pratap to get back to me soon and I expect she'll say no to the kidbooks. That's okay. At least, she did read one! I hope she gets back to me soon because I will sell Light in the Dark. This could be good for blogging about. Every agency who deals with kidbooks knocked that book back. What a bunch of morons! Send in the RSPCA! No wonder kids don't want to read books!

Robert Dudley mentioned a review in Amazon when he emailed me last week. Assumed he'd made a mistake since I haven't anything in print. Checked it today. There's a review of Are you Boys Cyclists? by the sensei. Such a nice thing to do. Maybe even helped with this agent thing. I went to his blog and there's some photies. There's one with him and his cat with a pig they've just shot, and another one where he's trying to lasso a reindeer. I'm definitely a post-modernist now!

4 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Hotboy! Were you successful in gaining any enlightenment for me? I can never get enough.

Seriously, my favourite part of your routine was visualising all the dead people you know. I'm going to try it.

I always liked the Shinto ancestor worship thing. If more people did that they wouldn't need to get drunk and bash their spouses.

Mind you the downside seems to be a murderous urge to bash whales. Once again everything balances out in the end.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Your practice is so...technicoloured... is this a tailor made practoice, or were you taught this? Your viz with the big JC is also compelling. But don't mention this too loudly among his devotees...they might just chase you down and tie you to a stake...

1:12 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Samaramom! I've just read Light in the Dark. If you've got any kids about ten to twelve(I'd have to look at your blog again!)(the bit with the exploding burka face sticks in my mind!), get them to read it. I'm so pleased with it.
Anyway, I made up some of the juju and adapted some. When you get ra bliss, you will so enjoy getting these dudes into white lines and running them through your body! Of course, you need mental calming before anything. But I think it's all something to do with vajrayana. Hotboy p.s. I don't suppose you need any of it. My jujuman says it's for busy minds.

2:26 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

regarding "thong", I hope this clarifies things

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.