Monday, July 04, 2005

Ra First Draft!

The bloggy counter is showing 630 visitors and 1963 hits since it was put on. That seems to be working out at about thirty hits a day, averaging ten visitors a day just recently. No idea what that means really. It might mean I get about ten visitors a day. Or ten regular readers? That's twice as many as I'd expect. Most must be poor souls probably looking for someone blogging about penguins!

I was half expecting to hear from Anjali Pratrap from AP Watt today. It's nearly a fortnight since she said she'd read Bugtown. Maybe she's reading something else.

I've just now finished writing the first draft of the novel I'm currently working on. Now all I've got to do is find a nice quiet seaside town and sit down over the winter and re-write it seventeen times in longhand. Then put it back on the computer and write it again. That's probably what I should do, but I can't even if I wanted to. I'll hack about in it and get it finished somehow by next summer.

Of course, I've mentioned this current work in all of the maybe 230 emails I've sent out to agents and no one has picked it up. Having the novel rejected by practically every agent in the country, and certainly several times by every agency, even before it's written might be the smartest move I've made. Obviously, there's no chance of anybody publishing it. So if its just for me, I'll have to make it really something. A work of art!

There's six books on my site. I've had two other ones published. I've had about eight plays produced and one not. There are maybe two other novels not on the site. (Wasn't trying to sell them/didn't have time to scan them). That's about ten books I've written and nearly the same number of plays. Almost all of this was done while in full time work or while I was the primary carer for a child. Even I don't know where I got the time.


The bliss was thick today and liquidy white. There was heat. Last spring I had ten weeks off work and managed to connect the bliss with the breath. I can't collect the four blisses and my visualisations aren't great yet, but I am most definitely ......

Peace and quiet would be one thing. The things are too separate. Ra bliss shouldn't be over there. You have to get it. You don't have it.

I went up to the allotment tonight and sat in the hut for two hours of ra bliss. It's still not dark here yet at half ten at night. I don't remember how long it's been happening for, and always these bits emerge by degrees, but in some states all you have to do to get a huge whoosh of ra bliss is lean forward and straighten up. When you first accidentally come across this - you might lean forward to ease your hips - it is a bit of a boon. You just have to lean forward. Not always, but oftener these days, you just do that for more of ra bliss. Isn't that a wonderment. I think it's possible that this is what you'd do if you could do this inner heat stuff properly, which I am far, far from being able to do, and you wanted to warm yourself up ... in the cave. Just lean forward and straighten up with a great wave of super heated bliss. Unfortunately, not yet by a length or two. But ra bliss, yes. There is, of course, no perceptible end to ra bliss.

We had a riot on Princes Street, or a rammy as they used to be known. I missed it. It's on the telly just now. Thank god some things are still predictable. Pencil in July 4th for the riot. Still, the joint seems to be livening up. They were rioting passed my bus stop in Princes Street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.