Friday, July 01, 2005

Ra Skinny McDuck

6p.m.
I went to Bellshill today to see my maw and met Skinny McDuck there. Skinny is the wee brother of Beef McDuck, who actually read Ancient Futures all the way through. Skinny McDuck is just going into the final year at Dundee Uni. He was interested in meditation and I told Skinny all you need to know to get your head finally stuck into ra bliss, which is better than drugs, and have the time of your life while you've probably still got plenty of it left. He's only 22. By the time he's thirty, he could have all ra bliss, rapture and ecstasy he could handle and all for free. Skinny's great advantage over most people who don't know about meditation is that he has trouble getting to sleep at night. The interior monologue problem. If solving that by meditation leads him into falling in love with meditation, then his future would be fung wonderful.

I told Skinny to read The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf even although it's probably not a great book. But there's lots of stuff about meditational experiences in it.

Someone went to my site looking for Bomber. You can tell by tracing it back through the bit on the stats about how folk refer to the site. (crap!). It would be good if they could email me with a glowing report since I'm going to have to re-read it soon and see if it's worth trying to flog.

If Skinny McDuck starts getting anywhere with this juju, I was going to use him as propaganda around here. Calling the people who live here flatheids didn't do much good. If Skinny starts cracking it, I can say they can't get ra bliss because they don't have any testicles. But nothing will make some people meditate. I offered to pay my daughter to meditate several times. Useless.

Speaking of testicles, samsaramom is showing plenty. (I'm going to get it in the neck for even mentioning testicles. Maybe not the neck) Really hope she starts having a better time. My back was getting sore just reading the blog!

Nearly half six. Beautiful evening. Off to the allotment.

11:20p.m.
What a great evening! How could anything be as good as this juju. You lock yourself into the reward room and refuse to come out. Had a fabulous meditation in front of the photie of the lama in my bedroom. I can't remember. I'll try to do it again then blog. Earlier on, it was like you'd been given the keys to the kingdom. Take a breath and go! Your ears roar. A bit. I can only find parallels in drugs. Sensations are hard to describe. Like, what's the best sensation you've ever had? Tonight I thought for a wee while that I was maybe warmed up enough to notice. Instead of having some heat. It's a bath of luxuriant warmth. This is a wee bit strange as I sit here. Blootered by ra bliss! You wonder where all this is going. Tibetan monks can dry off wet sheets, but that's only at the end of big long retreats, I think. Also, I do not think they had to go to work. So I'm not going to get that hot. Close my eyes and there is ra bliss. Isn't that something! Sometimes a little squeak of concerns says, Hotboy, do you know what you are doing? And I haven't a clue. But I feel uplifted as I sit here. Held up by something. I love stuff like that. The smile holds you up as well. It's uplifting and hot. But this is only the very very beginning. This is going to get really weird. Weirder. I can't expect it all to be plain sailing either. But I do have a lot of confidence in Lama Yeshe. Unless I spontaneously combust I should be okay!
I love this stuff, the whole bit. The meditating especially, but I like doing hatha yoga and Tai Chi sets, and I like writing and reading about it. Just love it. It makes me happy.

If Skinny McDuck got into the juju, you'd maybe hear them shout: Bellshill Buckfast Buddhists, Ya Bass!

I'm very keen to live long enough to get a lot further down this path, as one might laughingly describe such a stumbling in the complete dark, and that's the only downside. I suppose you shouldn't care. I was having a fairly wonderful life one way or another anyway, but it's got even more wonderful since I took refuge and begged Lama Yeshe to be my guru. The situation is very dynamic mentally. There is the vague possibility that you might go completely off your head. But it's worth it because what else could you be doing that would be half as interesting. And you might be the kind of joe might like it to be a wee bit dangerous because out here in the Unheard of and McDonald Islands otherwise it would be just kind of quiet. Just a few penguins and that.
I think the penguins might well be marching up and down the beach tomorrow. It's some G8 thing. About poor penguins. I'm feeling a bit skint myself so I think I'll go along.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Thanks! Being on the otherside of the meditation retreat, I can reveal that things improve! Thanks for your continual interest! And P.S...my URL has a typo. >>>wink<<<

6:38 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy. My mother tells me Geldof is a bloody idiot and should be shot. Can you confirm this if you see him? I appreciate your help. robmcj

PS she has plenty more on her execution list, including Gordon Brown, Oasis and the entire reserve army of the unemployed. I think the Royal Family and Thatcher are to be spared. She's still deliberating about my brother and me.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Considering your mum was an eminent nazi, now of this is hardly suprising!Hotboy

11:25 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

good point. I hadn't thought of that. I'm lucky it's not genetic.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.