Thursday, June 23, 2005

Ra Thursday!

11:20 a.m.
Didn't eat much yesterday. Not much appetite at all. Hardly slept last night. Well, didn't get off to sleep till four anyway. Got up before eight. Feel fine now. What's going on? I don't know. I had a poor day at work yesterday, but that doesn't normally affect my appetite or sleep.

The meditations today have been very good. But I don't think my concentration has been up to making them superb. But with the vase breath there isn't hardly any juddering at all; a little pulsing and, of course, a wee bit of roaring in the ears. Spent most of the two and a bit hours just sitting quietly doing nothing

There has been over a hundred hits on this blog in the last two days. I wonder if there are just random robots or people maybe interested in ra bliss. One comment was from L (shortest anagram award!) who said they'd like to get some bliss. If you thought about it, you'd have to be a very strange person not to want to get some bliss.

The sensei and reverend has an exploding computer problem and can't blog much just now. He emailed me to let me know that he doesn't have fantasies about murdering people, which I and loads of my relatives have admitted to. Of course, the sensei might have had a kinder genetic inheritance and might not be descended from such murderous Irish basturns as my good self. He did mention that he lives near a mental hospital. I'd like a wee holiday in one of them sometime. Most of my chums have probably beaten me to it. This little fantasy is for the sensei. It's about getting to stay in the looney bin.

Just follow him out the door and engage him in conversation about what a wonderful thing Morris Dancing is and why isn't it in the Olympics, then trip and tumble. You'd have to pick the fat bastard up and throw him down from the next landing, then the one after that, of course. But if he was too heavy to pick up, you could just roll him , then jump on him, then roll him, jump on him, then just jump and jump and jump on him. You wouldn't want to tire yourself out because you'd need to go back for the big scissors to get his head off. Then you could just kick the head around in the football parks and wait for the men in the white coats to take you away.

I've just remembered! The sensei got me published in Rebel Inc with a nightmare I wrote down once. I think I might still have a bit of work to do on my mindstream.

Gone overcast outside. A day for ra bliss and forgetting about everything unpleasant!


5.00p.m.
The day has just got better and better. I went to the allotment and on the second meditation it started to work big time. No idea why it should happen then. Mid-afternoon. Then I went to the Botanics for a coffee and meditated there in the secret garden. Brilliant light and heat again. Funnily enough, there was a different feeling in the hut. Ra bliss isn't simple and whatever composes it changes so that sometimes you seem to be getting a slightly different (or very different !) sensation. Every difference I tend to think of as progress since the difference is generally more, not less. It usually feels like a development.

Sometimes on a day like today, you might have your doubts, but in the hut it was obvious that this juju is what I should be doing. And as much of it as I can do comfortably and even uncomfortably. There's nothing like raising inner heat. Be great if I ever manage to do this juju right! Must have meditated for over five hours today so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Just watched Taggart, hoping it might have been the episode with Allan Tall in it. The psycho therapist was the killer. She carved the Taoist mandala thing into each victim's neck. Obvious really.

I do like the idea of wandering around Edinburgh, stopping to meditate here and there, a kind of reclaiming the streets. If everybody would just do that on a Friday night, the cops could take a holiday.

My mother could benefit from sitting and contemplating. She's blowing a fuse just now about Bob Geldof's planned invasion of the city. She wants him shot (she wants most people shot actually), do you know where she could get a Bulldog 44 in Stockbridge?

1:01 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ris G8 thing has just gone right over my head! The Domestic Bliss says it's next week. What's the demo about? I think I'll go anyway. Your mother can borrow my big scissors anytime. She doesn't need a gun. You could take folks eyes out with a teaspoon. They definitely wouldn't like that, would they? Hotboy

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.