Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Ra Wednesday!

Finished work till Monday! And it's only Wednesday. I should have recovered from this two and a half day week by Friday. I need an angel to save me from having to work for a living. I don't mind ascending into unemployment. If I can't get an angel, an agent would do.

Anjali Pratrap blew out BUGTOWN, which was a pity. But at least she read some of it and was approachable. Also, she's with AP Watt who say they're the oldest, so they're probably quite big. She doesn't seem to have a huge client list at the moment, so if you were a writer with something to sell I'm sure she'd be a good one to go for. Actually, she seems like a very nice, sensitive person.

I need an agent for those kids books if I'm going to get to Sikkim or Bhutan, or even get to the pub again. The book I'm working on just now is almost at the end of the first draft, but it's been rejected by almost everyone already, even although no one has actually read it, including me. But you never know. I can get rejected a million times, but I only have to score once.

This might be a good day to buy a lottery ticket!


7:00p.m.

Lottery number is 10,21,29,30, 42, 44. If you'd like to buy this ticket for a million pounds, email me. It's a winner!

Just got another email from Anjali Pratap. She says she will read on. How weird! I don't envy her really. Doing the lunches and going to the parties would be alright, but not reading the damn books. I've only read one fiction book this year. It was The Curious Incident .... which I really liked. I was looking forward to reading Lovely Bones, which people have been raving about. As soon as I started reading, I thought this would be a treat, but then I realised this wee girl was going to be murdered and raped in the first couple of pages. I just couldn't go on! What a wimp! Can't watch drama because of folk shouting at each other, then .... I'll need to read books about goblins and such!

11:10p.m.
I didn't win the lottery after all! I'm shocked.

I feel fairly well recovered from my attempts at gainful employment over the past couple of days already. This augurs well. This morning I had a fantastic meditation, just like the one on Monday. Straight into deep, white light bliss. I can meditate all tomorrow morning. What a treat!

The penguins are calm and the view from the cave here on the Unheard of and McDonald Island is good. No incoming, but I feel I should go and speak to some people this weekend. Brian Wilson and his chimp are cycling up Ben Nevis as we speak. Eight people a year are killed on Ben Nevis, but none of them on bicycles. He says he'll row down here with some bikes and we could go cycling on Friday night. Hmmm? Whereabouts could you cycle to on Friday night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.