Sunday, June 12, 2005

Ra High Noon!

12:03p.m.
It's a shame sometimes to get tired and have to go to bed when ra bliss and ra heat are working so well. Last night was wonderful at times. Then you've got to get out your bed and start to crank it up again. I was great between ten and eleven this morning, but I'd been at it for a couple of hours before that.

I'm supposed to be writing my book, the current one. I hope to finish the first draft of this by the end of this month. Then I can spend the next six weeks getting one of my kidbooks up to scratch for the book fight with two of Rosemary Canter's books in August. But I have to have a first draft of the new book by the end of this month. This book has, of course, been rejected by over a hundred of our wonderful book agents already. I should have covered almost everyone who is anyone by the end of the next two weeks.

There was an item on the radio about blogging this morning. It said there was a dairy farmer in America who has 24,000 milking men and women checking out his blog every day. Strange world.

The view from the cave today looks calm and clear. One of the penguins wearing a nazi flipperband left a note saying: Go Home White Boy! just at the lip of the cave entrance. Apart from that, they seem quite friendly. Dora Bryan represents the only in-coming. I can see her paddling like fury for the shore as I blog. Must write my book before all my time goes.

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

If your kids book is about guns being cool...then you've found you're first interested kid. Good luck with this...sounds like it could be hard on the ego...should you think it exists ;)

I also like to see another Buddhist blog that doesnt have entry after entry about how peaceful and beautiful everything is...I live in the real world...and sometimes things aren't so neat and tidy!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Being able to go out and buy a gun and keep it in your house is a terrifying idea to me! Somebody would definitely get shot sometime! The kidbooks I wrote are really escapist. Hotboy

8:09 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say, young chaps: "It said there was a dairy farmer in America who has 24,000 milking men and women checking out his blog every day." - little though I know about the intricate nature of all this technical this-and-that, I suspect that at least 23,898 of those 'hits' were, as we call them in the trade - 'pings'.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

You're quite right, Menzies. Only two chaps have ever looked at this blog and one of them was an anagram. The other one was a woman and how come she's got this really good Alice in Wonderland pothead photie? Why haven't you got something like that, eh? Hotboy

9:35 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I remember sitting in Denis Hills's Volkeswagon up in the Christmas Pass campsite, Umtali, (now Mutare), some time ago.

Now, I know that I have my doubters, amonsgt them, 'RobMcJ', who hails from the Unheard of and McDonald Islands", but, I would simply state that the hotel has developed quite some, since this photograph was taken.

We were discussing over a beer or two (or three - for Denis liked Chibuku) whether the 'boys' knew we were there, or not.

Of course they know we're here, I told Denis.

Oops...got to go. Try to continue at some later date.

MM III

9:37 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

"Alice in Wonderland pothead photie" - where's the link, Hotboy?

9:39 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Menzies! You see the photie when you try and post a comment. Has the Scottish disease rotted your bonce? Hotboy

12:24 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

The gang's almost all here. All we need is Alison Main and someone channeling poor old Nobis, and we can party again like the old days before the tragedy.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.