Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Ra Cave at Last!

This cave is much better than being sent to jail and put into solitary confinement. Same idea in some ways, but here you get the views. What a beautiful outlook! How bracing the air! The only people I have to worry about are those dressed for the office down there on the beach. I suspect they may be clones of Adolf. Dressed like that for the beach, they must be into heavy duty toilet training for children, that's all I can say! Zey vill be toilet trained zis instant!

I'm going to read Thoughts in Solitude by Thomas Merton. I fear it may be a disappointment (I should have got the other one!), but I was assured somewhat when he started going on about the Desert Fathers. They also wanted to be alone. If things get too busy for me here, I may go off to the Nullabor Plain which is in the middle of Australia and definitely a spot where you might get some peace and quiet.

Alexandra David-Neil, who should be read by everyone, says that the inner heat juju is supposed to culminate in the joe's inside temperature matching the outside, kind of. Like, if it gets really cold, you get hot. When it grows cool, so do you. Right now, with the volcano at my back, I should be okay until this system developes.

No telly, no beer, nothing illegal, and no people! What bliss!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy, I'm glad you like it for the same reasons as I do (apart from the mising beer). Enjoy the peace, now you can imagine how I felt when it was all shattered by the anagram.
robmcj.

7:18 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy. If there’s juice in your laptop (by the way, how do you get electricity in your cave? Or does everything run on Bliss power?), a visit to this site might appeal to you, it combines your interests in introspection and murder:

MORE
THOUGHTS IN
SOLITUDE- Thoughts of Dan Phillips while reading Merton


I hope this helps, robmcj.

PS did you find the parcel of penguin pelts, and the led zep tapes? It was the least I could do.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.