Thursday, June 02, 2005

Rem Gurus!

The blogpatrol counter was put on this blog on the 7th May. It's now the 2nd of June. That's 26 days. In that time according to Blogpatrol, this blog has had 301 visitors and just over 900 hits. That seems like an awfu lot of robots and Masai warriors to me. Either the counter is lying or there are a lot of folk out there with bugger all to do.

It's break time. After eleven on Thursday. I don't have to go to work till Monday. I went to see two people yesterday afternoon and that's my social duties done. I had an email from Brian Wilson's chimp asking me if I'd play goolf. But it's pissing down.

The chimp says if he can't be my agent, he'd like to be my first devotee once I can get the thing that doesn't exist from the bottom of my spine to the top. I told the chimp to fung off, even although he can now speak twelve languages and go a skateboard. People drooling and dribbling after gurus give this juju a bad name.

If you can't get it from yourself, where will you go for it?

Paramanhansa Yogananda said if your guru can't go instantly breathless he's no use to you.

Time's up. Back to ra bliss. The blocks to the breathing exercises seem to have (temporarily) disappeared. I can raise heat whenever I sit now. Here come the days of the blootering bliss and I'm not even at the Samye. Tempis fugit. Let it rain!

Annette Green replied to my email of the start of the week. One out of about twenty. Told me to send in three chapters. Since I'm bound to win the book fight with Rosemary Canter's books, I could end up filthy rich after all. But Annette Green won't do children's books. I sent her the start of BOMBER and the one I'm working on this afternoon. Bomber has a great start: "Speed kills, Sweik muttered ..." Unfortunately, you have to have been without sleep and out of your face for at least three straight days to undertand the rest of the chapter! If it wasn't flatheids, it'd be straights!

7:40p.m. I didn't send Annette Green Bomber after all. She got the start of the one I'm working on just now and the start of The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf.
Then I got an email from Robin Wade telling me to follow the website stuff and that they were always looking. I have a warm feeling about Robin Wade. Must be because he's called Robin, Batman's wee pal.

There's gurus and there's gurus. You might need someone to teach you something. You might need a role model of some kind, maybe just to show you what can be done. All that's okay. If you could find someone who could instantaneously stop breathing, then you should probably listen to what they have to say because there certainly aren't a lot of joes like that going around.

For the juju I'd like to do you need a guru. This guru should have at least realised mahamudra, or emptiness. This is no small achievement, but the guy doesn't have to be able to go instantly breathless or be able to levitate, or such like. The Tibetans seem to rely on their lineages. However, you do need to have devotion for your guru. They say it won't work if you haven't got that.

Why should this be like this? Why do you have to feel devotion for someone you don't really know? I don't know. The Dalai Lama showed up in a dream I had once at the Samye Ling when I'd been wondering about this and how this might relate to the bonking gurus and whatnot. I assume if you need it, you just develope it. It started meditating while looking at a photie of Lama Yeshe after this, and I have developed as much devotion as I can.

If you think the boy's a buddha, you get the blessings of a buddha. If you think the boy's a Brian Wilson, you get the blessings of a Brian Wilson.

But I do think the boy's a buddha. I think he should be able to straightforwardly and non-conceptually become absorbed in the clear light mind and stick with it without regressing. I assume that's what he learned to do during 12 years in retreat. That's what I'm trying to develope devotion to. Maybe the ideal.

Us Scottish people aren't very good at devotion. We're all Jock Tamson's bairns here. The grovelling and dribbling and drooling after some joe is not really what I'm into. That might be more of a trip for girls. No wonder they get bonked!

Lama Yeshe doesn't want to see me unless I've got a problem. I've only spoken to him about twice in the last year or so, and only then when Teresa asked me to go and see him.

Having said that, we smile at each other a lot. In my head. I think he's my root guru and will get me out of samsara if I can try well and hard enough. But he doesn't seem to want me to grovel around the place. What kind of arsehole would want folk to act like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.