Sunday, May 22, 2005

Ra Heat Arises!

Just after lunch here at the Samye Ling, possibly the best place on earth! I should be out on the island in front of the stupa, having a wee kip on the bench there, but I'm here instead. This might be the last blog from here today since there's a performance from Nepalese ex-street kids in the dining room at 3p.m. This will be organised by Rokpa, Dr Akong's charity. You should give them some money of you've got any.

I came here to blog about ra heat! Ra bliss! Just before lunch I had a red letter meditation. The first time I raised inner heat ... I don't know if I made anything arise. I should say it arose. Maybe I helped it. But the first time this happened with on April 6th, 2003, about one o clock on a Sunday afternoon. Completely gobsmacking experience. Right after that, I had to go to a fiftieth birthday party and couldn't tell anyone about it. Well, you can say the words. You cannot convey the meaning since all my deep dear friends are flatheids, of course.

The meditation before lunch was in the same league as the first one, but obviously I don't feel quite so blown away since it's happened to me before. But it was awesome. My eyes were closed and I was concentrating on my navel chakra when I noticed the temple was empty. So I went for the vase breathing then. Lama Yeshe says the fire element is more pronounced in the morning (despite what I say about not being able to hold the breath for long then, or maybe because of that!), so i gave it a go.

I've been getting some heat and I've been getting a lot of bliss, but what happened this morning was in a different gear, a different league. Be amazing if you could do that every time you sat down to meditate. I assume there are a few people round here who can.

I've been meditating about nine hours a day here for two days before this occurred. Usually, I expect a block. That's not a physical block (maybe it is!), but when you do the breaths, it sometimes feels as if you might fall down in a twitchy mess or black out. But when it works, it seems to go straight through. There isn't even much pulsing which I get sometimes. It just like .. let out the breath and fasten your safety belts. This is ra ultimate juju!!

I've had many wonderful experiences in that temple. Often when I've been meditating in there with a lot of other people and Lama Yeshe (may he live 10,000 years!). But the lama isn't here just now. What I was trying to say what that none of this is really down to me. I feel as if I'm getting this. I didn't know the juju would work this morning. The lama's big brother was in my head this morning when I was trying to do guru yoga. He walked passed the table I was sitting at yesterday and we exchanged looks. Who knows anything? I don't know very much at all. At least, I know I should get my butt down here as regularly as I can. Time to go time. It's not raining at the moment. Win some, lose some. Hotboy Madyamika SurfingTheOceansOfBliss!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.