Saturday, May 21, 2005

Ra Samye morning!

It's quarter to eleven in the morning and I'm in the Samye Ling cafe for the morning break. What a great morning it's been so far! The tent even felt comfortable for a bit this morning. I was lying there with the sleeping bag covering my face thinking this is actually quite comfortable. The birds wakened me at four a.m. What a fantastic amount of birdsong!

I got up in time for breakfast then went to the temple for the group morning meditation. Unfortunately, the lama wasn't there, so he's probably not at the centre. Teresa was there though. About quarter of an hour ago, I left there and had a shower and changed my clothes.

Some of the time during the two and a half hours I was meditating was really fantastic. Great globules of white light bliss. Some of the time I had my eyes closed and some of the time I was looking at the mandala on my diary. And when the monks and nuns and all left at nine, well, I did try some vase breathing then. At one time ... the amount of bliss that came with the heat! This can't be all that different from what Gopi Krishna goes on about at the start of his book when he has the first arousal of kundalini. It's really just a matter of degree. But, of course, a bit of a degree is what makes the big difference.

I couldn't hold the breath for long this morning. You can tell you shouldn't try. It takes an effort to even make the effort to do a vase breath since ra bliss seems very satisfying by itself without doing anything with the breath at all. But then you take a breath and it goes kind of ballistic!

Last night when I left here I tried holding my breath a bit in the temple. It was fabulously empty. You can definitely hold it longer in the evening.

How could anything be better than to be here!

Read a bit of Gopi in the tent last night. The book is the best thing I've read in years. I take my hat off to the boy's old man. He walks off the park and nobody says boo! Everybody's left skint. And he hardly says a word to anyone. Occasionally, it becomes obvious that he has siddhis i.e. powers. He can tell the future sometimes. But I don't think Gopi likes him. His dad is the kind of saint you'd get in Scotland. Sour faced, crabbit bastard of a saint. A calvinist saint. Gopi reckons he went overboard on the asceticism.

I love this stuff so much because I feel as if I'm playing the same game as these people, but just in a different league. They're playing in the European Cup Final and I'm still down in the Ayrshire coo parks, slicing and sklaffing the ball, trying to stick the nut on the referee at half time.

Gopi's old man's attitude to flatheids is brilliant. Why waste your time talking to flatheids? I've talked to flatheids about meditation for years and years and it's made not the slightest bit of difference to any of them. Some cats got it and some cats aint! Still, I can write about it then I don't have to talk to anyone. In fact, since I started this blog, I've been keeping away. Hotboy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.