Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Ra Moonies

This morning ra bliss was like sitting in the moon. No messing about beforehand. Just sat down, closed my eyes and there it was: the moon bliss. When ra bliss is like this, it seems pointless to attempt visualisations. You just sit in ra bliss and say your mantras. It seems profound somehow. The moonlit bliss. Very peaceful. I'm trying not to meditate so much these days with my eyes closed, but sometimes you just want to sink into it.

Gopi Krishna's autobiography, Living with Kundalini, starts brilliantly with the boy telling you about his kundalini arousal. This was interesting in various ways. First of all, he was meditating on a lotus in his crown centre. You see a lot of stuff about which chakras to meditate on. Whether the actual chakra exists or not doesn't matter. Where you put your attention might. Some gurus say you should concentrate on your heart centre. Tsongkhapa, who is the guy who started the Dalai Lama's sect, is quite clear that you should concentrate mainly on your navel centre. He says the heart centre is dangerous because too much there might lead to heart problems. The initial experience that Gopi Khrishna has seems to be right on the money, but I'm sure the boy gets a real spanking later on, so it's still the navel centre for me.

Some people say this might lead to excessive interest in hanky panky since this chakra might control the reproductive organs, but there are worse things that can happen to you!

Another interesting thing about Gopi Krishna's kundalini arousal is that by then he was 34 and could sit for hours without discomfort. I didn't start meditating till I was in my early thirties and I still can't get anywhere near this. I usually struggle to make an hour if I'm sitting in a full lotus.

My attempts to stir up some apathy among the agenting classes was highly successful last week. I sent out about thirty messages and got ... well, nothing. Robin Jones initially seemed interested and so did Will Francis, but they fell by the wayside almost immediately. Are these guys all like the bloke in American Psycho? Do they just sit there until it's time to do lunch? Anyway, I reckon I can go ahead now and get my new novel rejected by every agent in Britain before it's finished. And without any agent ever having looked at it at all!!

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I remember hanky panky, 1994 I think it was.

The navel chakra sounds like a goer to me too, it would match with the Dan Tien or whatever it's called , the martial arts centre.

robmcj.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Dan Tien is the same spot, I think! Hotboy

9:43 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Michi! Nice to hear from you! Once heard about this author standing in Princes Street during the Festival, flogging self published books off a table. After shouting, 'Buy this book by Whatshisname' for a couple of hours...well, it would be depressing, wouldn't it?
But if you'd like to self publish any of my books under your own name, go ahead. Selling books while playing the fiddle... got to go together. We could go fifty fifty. You'd have to think about re-writing them as they might be embarrassingly bad! Hotboy

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.