Saturday, May 07, 2005

Ra minus swamp digging weekend!

Minus the swamp and plus the digging, it's been the same weekend as last. I want everything to be the same so I can calm my mind. I'm not looking for any excitement. But the whole world looked fantastic from the allotment this evening. The big sky. Everything washed and shiny. You can't see the castle in the distance through the trees anymore. It's still a wee bit chilly.

Brian Wilson says he has such a severe case of flatulence that he can't leave the house. He wants visitors. I said I might come if he'd buy this CD first. Some protection against the torrent of full volume surf music.

The unspoken promise was that if you did well at school you'd never have to dig. I think manual labour should be the preserve of the middle classes. Tell them digging is a hobby. But even the digging was okay tonight. If you hold your fire till the night time, you can really go at it. And be unable to walk the next day. Tonight was the middle way - just enough to slightly brutalise you.

My friend Poisonous is coming round tomorrow morning. This is a wonderful life! Characters based on Poisonous have been in several things I've written, and something I even got published. The character I based on him in Alma Mater
got killed by maybe not quite accidentally driving a motor cycle into some railings. In the thirty plus years since this didn't happen, Poisonous has tred lightly on the earth. Tomorrow we're cycling. If I knew how to take that link to Alma Mater back, I would. It might seem good in a hundred years. Fancy knowing someone for over thirty years. He hasn't improved.

2 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy, you might tell brian that the cause may be universal, some cosmic fluence perhaps, since I myself am similarly affected at the moment. I have never yet let it prevent me going out in public, but maybe brian's more sensitive than me. I find that as long as you wear walkman headphones then you can let rip in the street and it doesn't really count.

I hope this has been helpful.

robmcj.

8:51 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

raisin blown, thanks for the tip, black pud is unknown in these islands but I'll try the tripe if I ever want to reduce the volume.
Best wishes for a continued recovery, robmcj.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.