Saturday, April 30, 2005

Ra Photie!

Someone has stuck a photie of me on the web. It's at robomojo.textamerica.com since my links don't seem to work for some reason. This is a perfect photie of me. For one thing, it doesn't look anything like me. I grew all the hair last year and it's back to the wood again. Superb. I had two novels published without photies on them, but I'd go with this one okay.

Blogging about Joe Hill yesterday brought it all back. I used to know stuff about American labour history. Proudhon was not American. He was French and wrote an essay called "Property is Theft". I don't think Proudhon had an agent, but he could write well. He was, of course, a buddhist. Property being theft is based on the idea of inter-connectedness, or interdependence. Like, millions of people were involved in one way or another in the making of this computer.

Karl Marx might have thought he was a hegelian, but he was really a buddhist as well. Surplus value is about how all the millions of people who helped make the computer .... were ripped off. So you're labour is worth ten pounds an hour, but your company pays you for eight and takes two. I think, the two is surplus value.

I wrote a play about this. It's on my webpage here. It's a black comedy about people eating bits off each other. I sent it to this woman in New York a couple of weeks ago. If she manages to get throught it, she'll only be about the fourth of fifth person to have ever read it. I might have done a bit more drama if I could have avoided speaking to anyone about what it was supposed to be about.

Writing novels is far, far harder than blogging! You have to think harder, especially with a first draft. That's why I'm blogging just now.

Politics? There's an election going on. Brian Wilson said he was going to vote for the BNP since they promise to give everyone an automatic weapon to keep at home ... to fight the foreign invaders. This would cure the crime problems in Scotland almost overnight since ... well, most of us will be dead.

Still not one o clock. The swamp fever is much diminished, I think. Must write and meditate.

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy!

I got a shock when I went to rablissblog.blogspot.com, to find you'd changed not only your screen design, but your name and gender too. Is Alison Main a nom de plume, perhaps for your women's fiction output?

Anyway, in the ball park of meditation, you might like to know that I have recently implemented a new daily routine. Like an alcoholic I used to know, who never drank before the 5 o'clock news, what I am trying to do is never go online before doing something worthwhile with the day, because I sure as hell never get anything else done after I connect.

I've done my useful activity for today. I cleaned 6 years' worth of mould off my bedroom door - I'm hopeful that will put paid to the overnight ear infections.

robmchotpyjama

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.