Thursday, May 05, 2005

Ra Election!

A friend of mine is hiding in the Heard and MacDonald Islands. He's posted a photie of his nazi relatives in his blog. I could vote for the nazis today as we're having an election, but the second world war wasn't the best public relations exercise ever.

I owe everything to the Labour Party, but I can't vote for the war in Iraq or for having a home secretary called Himmler, so I'll have to vote for someone else. This is a pain in the neck. I want to vote for Gordon Brown. He was at the same uni as me and a year in front on much the same courses. He helps the poor. At least, he's heard of Kropotkin.

The half of the allotment which has still to be dug and planted is twenty paces by five. It looks like the sea, the ocean. The ocean of dukka. When you dig with a spade, the ground ends up in waves. Then you have to go over it again with a fork and shake all the earth on the fork so you can take out the couch grass roots, etc. There must be about 1500 forks worth. I don't know what a fork full of earth weighs. The first noble truth is the truth of dukka. It can be frustration. You can't beat it. The allotment always wins. I need some agent orange. All I want is the hut.

Today I finished digging the first half (almost, always almost!). Last night, a robin joined me. It found a lot to eat there. Today some kind of hawk sat on the hut at the top end. It was reddish in bits.

It's only three o clock on Thursday and I'm knackered from digging and it was only just over an hour. It doesn't matter how you dig. You can try to beat the earth into submission or go slowly slowly catchee monkey, and you still end up knackered.

I was going to blog about the space after the vase breath. That was interesting today as well. Maybe later. Hotboy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.