Thursday, May 05, 2005

Ra Vase Breathing!

It might be that the boy didn't whisper in your ear about the vase breathing until you'd been sitting there trying to emanate as a deity for a year or so. Not lying down to sleep. Sitting up in your meditation box. Then it really must have blown your mind.

There's nothing sensible about vase breathing, and prana, chi, kundalini and whatever else is supposed to be going on here. No way am I near knowing enough about this to talk about it really, but ... when you shoot the breath (after holding it and squeezing the symbol at the navel), afterwards you sometimes get ra bliss, and like a big dose of it, kind of rippling up your body, but sometimes you can hardly hold the breath at all. You think you might start to black out or something. I think the time of day might affect this. Then sometimes when you let it go, you get a juddering sensation. You definitely have to watch your step here. You might seem to be losing consciousness for a second or two. Then you'd better hold up. I'm dead careful at this point.

Harish Johari's book on Chakras is interesting on the breath. Says there are times when it goes evenly up both nostrils ... that seems to be what you're looking for in the vase breathing stage. It might go evenly up both nostrils (the air, that is) when the sun is going down.

Anyway, sometimes (before the swamp!) I could tell that I was holding my breath for an unusually long time. As I said, sometimes I could hardly hold it at all without warning signs. Weird.

Sometimes you might get a lot of bliss after a breath and maybe some heat, but the weird thing is the strange mental state you go into. How can I describe it? What is it like? Your visual field goes a bit wonky as far as colours and perspectives go. It really does feel very pleasant. You might even feel a wee bit amused, which seems very odd.

I've just done one and am doing one. The business is maybe happening in the sheath thing the kundalini started pushing in years ago. This feels bigger in front of your chest and face. .. really, that was wonderful. It wasn't w0rking so well today at all, but it comes on brilliantly at this time. It's nine o clock here and nowhere near dark yet. Anyway, what was I saying .... ra bliss, ra bliss!

If I could emanate as a deity while I was blogging, I'd let you know. Because you don't emanate as a deity on your own. Everyone's a deity.

Even Brian Wilson would have to be a deity. So would the chimp.

Sitting here: blasting on air; getting blissed out on air! What a fortunate creature!

Empedocles invented air. Before that nobody was sure if there was any or not. Him and his pals were trying to figure out what made up things. They all got the fire, earth and water, but air? He put a bucket into water and trapped the air. How does that prove that there's air? He proved reincarnatiuon by taking his pals up the side of a volcano and then throwing himself in. Must have believed in something. Thought he was a god apparently. There must be a difference between a god and a deity or I'm going to finish this really confused.

I voted against the war, for higher income tax and for civil rights. Can hardly bring myself to say it. Kerr Hardie, who was born near Holytown (certainly a buddhist!) which is right beside my home town, will be birrling in his grave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.