Friday, May 13, 2005

Ra Afternoon!

It's time to go to the allotment again. About half one. Yesterday I felt fit. I thought I've been doing this digging for a while. Started digging just after three. By five I was back home, but walking about like a zombie. Digging is a real thief! People who do manual labour die young. Middle class chaps who go to gyms live far too long!

I got a phone call this morning from a bookshop. It used to be the Body and Soul Bookshop, but someone has just bought it. I've now got Living with Kundalini to read. I'm so pleased. I've read chunks of it on the net and bits here and there, but I've got it at last. This is a real treat. They also managed to get me Thomas Merton's Thoughts on Solitude. Yippee! I know you could get these by going on the web, but I'm trying to support this local bookshop. And show patience. I must have asked for the Kundalini book for the first time about two years ago!

Thomas Merton was a trappist. That's another word for a buddhist.

Brian Wilson has emailed me from the Unheard of and McDonald Islands. He says after doing something that he can understand now why Papa Ratzy said the buddhists were auto-erotic. He seems to think prostrations have something to do with your postrate. Or your prostate. Or your posterior. He's asked for some pigs faces to be shipped out along with a gallon or so of the pink sticky stuff. Also, some kind of Roger Rabbit device. He says he's looking forward to performing some really deep prostrations on a few drunken penguins. I don't know what kind of buddhism that is.

Did about four hours meditating this morning. When I worked full time, I used to think I really enjoy Mondays at work if I could do four hours on Sundays. Meditations, when you grow accustomed to them, are like the wind in your sails.

The Desert Fathers were into calmness. It's hard to develop if people keep jabbering away at you. That's what I think the solitude is for. The allotment. Poisonous says he will visit me there. Then I will dig and speak only in mantras. I won't tell him he's a deity. He's got enough problems with his flat heid!

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy. So now Brian's gone all esoteric too. Did he give you any clue at all on the nature of the mind-expanding thing that he did, just before the enlightenment came upon him? I suspect he may have discovered the secret of bliss that we're all searching for.

I'm going over to the Institute now to look for him. Last time they turned me away, pretending not to have heard of him, but I could hear the screams from behind the steel doors. I'll let you know how it goes. robmcj

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.