Thursday, May 26, 2005

Ra Thursday Morning!

Lydia Swartz sent me an email today saying she'd had trouble downloading The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf. I think the site only lets you download so much then packs in. It's free. Anyway, she found a way round this by typing the file name into the links that did work. This shows vast technical know how and is way out of my league. Anyone having trouble downloading anything should just email me and I'll email them stuff.

I got a parcel from PFD today telling me to fung off. Very nice though. The reader of the slush pile had an illegible name (lawyers do that as well!), but said the writing had "an appealing energy". Not appealing enough for anyone there to want to represent it of course. Still, I'd sent two packages and they'd put them together and sent them back, so that's quite impressive. I wanted them to bin them since I don't like getting rejections through the post first thing, so I hadn't sent them postage. Anyway, I can't complain about PFD. You send it. They seem to read it (not the agents of course!). Then they send it back. My only chance of getting something from PFD is if Pat Kavanagh agrees to marry me.

I've gotten no response at all from the twenty emails I sent out yesterday.

I read the seven or so chapters I've already written of the book I'm working on just now and at a first draft stage I'm really quite happy. Well before it's finished it should have been rejected by every agent in Britain. In the four months I've been hustling this project to agents, I don't think I've gotten any of them to read it yet. When I'm writing the book after this one, I think I'll go about getting it rejected by all the agents and all the publishers in Britain before I start!!

It's only half eleven in the morning. I've got all day to meditate on this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.