Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Ra Great Wednesday!

3:00p.m.
Free at last! Everyone still alive. Left one and all with heads on shoulders. The kind of buddhism that leads to Samurai warriors lopping heads off willy nilly could do with some investigating. Appearance, voidness, off with their heads. What about karma? Well, there shouldn't be any if you've lost your false idea of self, but if you'd done that, why be bothered cutting of the heads in the first place? Michi Regier
seems to think non-action is more effective than action. Probably is. Pretty tricky doing nothing though. Even if you hold your breath, that's doing .... If you desire to sit still, it's still desire. It's hard to get out of the realm of desire.

The sensei has another great bit about writing in his blog for Tuesday. The last piece I remember him having was by Elmore Leonard. This stuff is by Denis Cooper, I think. Never heard of him, of course. Never heard of anybody me. The boy knows his stuff though.

I wrote this on my wall twenty years ago: "I am self taught. The gods have implanted in my heart songs of all kinds." I used to write stuff on the wall when I was drunk. I did teach myself to write, but I wish I'd made a better job of it!

Brian Wilson's chimp has learned how to semaphore. I can see him on the beach of McDonald Island. He says Brian wants to turn over a new leaf and is asking for drinking lesssons. He wants to know how you drink the thick black stuff (4.1%) instead of the sticky pink stuff (40% alcohol). Tricky one. I could be a help. I could show him. I have done it before. But there lies grief, sorrow, lamentations ... the suffering in this life. Fortunately, the choppy seas makes rowing across to the Unheard of Island problematical for the foreseeable. But I don't go back to work till Monday.

Adolf has put a photie of me on his blog. I think I might be twenty one years old. May you stay forever young!

It is clear enough to cycle round the volcano this afternoon. I'm got a date with Shiva today. We have to do 54 rounds of sun salutations, so that I will be too exhausted to get into any trouble till tomorrow.

7:00p.m.
Shiva and I only did 27 rounds of sun salutations. Half an hour. Quite good, but the next time on Sunday we will have to do the 54. After the salutations, we did some pranayama and I got off my face just sitting there on the squishy, sweatladen mat with the simmit hanging wet.

Some people might not know what a simmit is. It's a Scottish chastity garment especially when wringing wet.

Shiva is very good at hatha yoga, but does not get any bliss. I don't think he understood the point of meditating for a while. He is not a driven, obsessive. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the journal of the samsaramom since she seems to be doing exactly the right thing. Go away without any sweeties and do your head in with hours and hours of it.

I got by all the tricky moments today and passed all the anxieties because of meditations I'd previously completed. It was working against appearances. I wanted to smile a lot anyway. I got the surrounding cloud of ra bliss on the bus this morning and I knew it was going to be alright. I'm looking forward to meditating over the next couple of days. Amn't I just! This is RaBlissBlog and I'm away up to my room for some of ra bliss!

11:50p.m.
Got paid today. No, yesterday. On the way home I bought a bottle of Herold beer, some kind of Bavarian black lager. I scooped this up and tried to see if it changed my thoughts. In fact, it did. I had some funny thoughts. Mainly about honesty and being nice to people and being happy. I think I should start getting drunk again. Breathe in, breathe out. Where is the tao? You probably have to make adjustments to stay in the flow. Two pints of Stella then one bottle of black lager. Like being on a secret holiday. Can't afford it; totally enjoyed it. Have to stop it. But how fortunate to have the pounds to buy it! And enjoy it. And then to ra bliss and tomorrow and not going to work, and the contemplation of the wonderments of existence.

A catholic nun spoke to me yesterday. I was reading a newspaper at breaktime. She said something which meant she was trying to communicate with me. I said what. She said the same thing again. She wasn't phased by the what. I didn't understand her again. After she tried again, I said whatever you say: Ok, yes, yes, yes. But she's a nun. I wonder what she thinks of God. I'd like to speak to some catholics about ra bliss. She's a nun. She'll know all about St Teresa. I wonder if she gets ra bliss. I must ask her. I might not be very good at communicating with people.

I'll do penance and try to read The Interior Castle again, by St Teresa. I only got to the bit at the beginning where it talked about the folk who were still on the outside drinking Black lager and fooling themselves.

It is great to be here. Allah Akbar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.