Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ra Extrarordinary Bliss!

3:20p.m.
Just got back from the allotment. The allotment is green. Most of the green stuff is weeds. Haven't quite figured out the weed thing. That's why I have to dig it so much.

This morning's meditation in the hut, the first one, re-wrote all the rules. Afterwards I thought, this is day one. We start here. It's not just the white out bliss I was getting with my eyes closed. (The big ones tend to be with eyes shut) The effect of the vase breathing is what's doing it. It is just simply amazing. The zone you go into is maybe similar to the whole meditation thing i.e. you have sleep, dreaming, being awake and meditation. So you discover that meditation is a zone where you can find all kinds of things. Then with the vase breath, you get another zone. This seems to be becoming established a bit (though as what: it's all over the place!) , but the sensations therein are unlike other sensations. It's hard to recall these sensations when you're not having them, but at the time they were amazing. The situation you are in is so different.

There's something odd happening in Michi Regier's blog. Are these real jumpers?

My 17 year old daughter went towards Gleneagles yesterday and came home so excited and happy. At this point I'd like to say something nice about the pigs. The pigs here in Scotland are some of the best pigs in the world. You let your daughter go to the revolution and she sees stupid people being assholes and the chinook helicopter came out of the skies and 30 of the polis in riot gear ran across a field. This is a whole education when you are 17 years old. But she was able to demonstate and got home safe. Well done the Scottish police! And I should add that whenever they've arrested me they were quite nice considering.

Got in from the allotment to find out that London has been bombed. That's partly why I'm blogging just now. To hear the news. Dearie me. Hope there's no one I know blown up. Still a beautiful day here. I'm going for a run!

6:30p.m.
I woke up this morning thinking about the wisdom. I was blogging yesterday about the method. Method and wisdom, they go together. The wisdom is maybe emptiness. I was thinking about post-modernism, which I knew nothing about till Adolf started blogging about it.

There must be an element of emptiness in post-modernism since they have fudged the subject and the object. It's as if they're talking about one thing. The joe/josephine and the book interact surely and are not quite separate. Things that relate to other things change. Things look as if they're staying the same. That's not true. So you misapprehend everything. You could say what you have is a view. A mistaken view. Ignorance is the first link in the twelve links of dependant origination. People don't feel comfortable admitting to ignorance. We like to think we're smart.

This never made it onto my wall: "Samsara and nirvana are perceived as one reality in the state of ultimate awareness. To perceive ultimate reality I mark everything with mahamudra, the great seal of emptiness. This is the quintessence of non-duality. " In other words, you walk about saying, It's no true. Definitely, no true!.

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

why stop at 12?

I don't pretend to understand the buddhist jargon, but it is perhaps worth noting that postmodern people do not believe in absolute truth. I suspect they modify their opinion if anything serious ever happens in their lives and makes them lower their intellectual guard. Try telling the people on the London trains and bus that an al qaeda reading of the bombing is as valid as any.

12:57 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy, I see Michi is putting a lot of energy and fresh ideas into the marketing of your merchandise, we're lucky to have her on board. I suspect her daytime job may be in advertising or PR.

PS what's her cut?

1:03 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

PS - re my comment about postmodernists not believing in absolute truth until something serious happens in their lives.

I realise that I am simply updating the old "what would you do if a Russian soldier was raping your wife" taunt.

Nice to see the old ideas making a comeback. It's lucky I never threw away my old uniform.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.