Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Ra Traffic Jam!

Due to the G8 stuff, there was a traffic jam this morning as I was trying to get to work. On the bus. Just sitting. Eyes closed. Great bliss. White light, thickish bliss. This is the only way to wait in a traffic jam. Wish it had lasted a bit longer!

Decided to send out the last batch of the totally unsuccessful email. Must have gone out to over 250 agents by this time. I sent one to Robin Wade because I somehow like his name. I can't help myself. He sent back an immediate reply and said I sounded desperate. Maybe that was putting folk off. First laugh of the day! Anyway, I'm supposed to be blogging about agents, so I have to be active.

RaBlissBlog has taken 2003 hits since it was set up in February.

Got a really nice email back from Robert Dudley. I recognised his name. I think he was involved with Elizabeth Ist, which makes him the oldest agent in Britain by some way. Anyway, he says he's not up on kidbooks, but wanted to have a look at the current thing I'm working on and the start of The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf. No one has ever asked to see that.

He asked for it by email. Wonderful. None of this going to the post office malarkey and getting rejections back from people you've long forgotten. Fung off straight away and on to the next thing. That's more like it.

It's good to have more than one iron in the fire at a time. I had my hopes that Anjali Pratap would have got back to me with rave reviews of Bugtown by now, but maybe she's looking at Light in the Dark. Maybe she's ill. Who knows? You have to give folk time and not care what they say.

How nice to be home again in the Unheard of and McDonald Islands! It's Wednesday afternoon and I don't have to go to work again till next Monday. Yahoo! Now that I've sent off the email to Robert Dudley I can relax.

Ra bliss on the bus this morning was exceptional. I should spend the whole summer sitting quietly doing nothing and I'll do as much of that as I can. I think I can get to the Samye Ling during the last week of the month. I don't care if the tent blows down when I get there. As long as I get there. I feel on the cusp of extraordinary events.

I'm away to my hut in the allotment now. What a fortunate, fortunate creature I am!

11:10p.m.
Had heat tonight in the allotment. I'm really enjoying being up there in the evening. What can you say about heat? It's nice. I'm amazed sometimes that when I stop meditating everything seems completely normal. Like, still a tired crabbit basturn. And it's strange that it can be so wonderfully good and you somehow don't crave it the way you'd expect. Its non-addictive. You seem to always be able to get more.

It's just occurred to me that the email worked! At least, once. After more than 250 shots. The recipient in the best of possible worlds was supposed to do what Robert Dudley did. Now, if the stuff what I wrote was any good, that would be just ... one thing just leads to another. Much better to examine ra bliss.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

I couldn't understand the email. I'm sometimes not so good at this time of night. The domestic bliss started going on about things taking over the computer and it got deleted. Sorry. Please send again if you can! Hotboy
P.S. I see. I'll look up that URL. Cunning!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Michi, that is funny!

11:02 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy, I'd get my lawyer to fire a warning shot across Cafepress's bows if I were you. Maybe negotiate a licensing deal on the shirts, and get them to stock your novels as well. You could clean up.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

I need an agent for the Unheard of and McDonald Islands, Adolf. You've got the job. Are they real jumpers? Hotboy

3:16 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy, I've made a start by approaching the tourist shop at the Club 18-30. Are you happy with 50-50?

3:00 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

50 50 is far too generous. If I make any money, it'll have to go to penguin charities. Make it 5% to me and you take the rest. Hotboy

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.