Sunday, July 10, 2005

Rem Sun Salutations!

9:00p.m.
Beautiful, sunny day. Cycled round the volcano and bumped into Shiva again. So we did fifty four rounds of sun salutations. This was not quite as anxious an experience this time because I knew I could do it without spending the next six months in traction. It's the slippy puddles of sweat as much as anything. Streams of the stuff were flying off my arms as you do the last part when you come up and get your arms above your head. Brilliant exercise. Also, his 54 and my 54 of course make 108. But he is also 54 as am I. That's another 108. That's a meaningful number to some people, but I can't remember why.

Since I stopped work on Wednesday, I've done a skipping/shadow boxing session, a six mile run, played nine holes of goolf, and did the sun salutations today. Also, I've drank four bottles and two cans of beer! Probably put in an average of about five hours of meditating a day.

I want to be happy most of the time. I want to do things that help me think good thoughts. I think this summer, my 54th or 55th, will be the best of my life. I'm dead pleased I taught myself to meditate and fell in love with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Hotboy. Here's yet another coincidence. I went for my swim this morning, and as usual I tried to finish on a meaningful number of lengths. Since I work in I.T. I like to aim for powers of 2, e.g. 8 or 16 or 32 etc.

Most days I can manage 64 lengths, but of course if you lose concentration and go up to 65, then you're stuck in the pool for another hour or so to bring it up to 128.

I've never actually reached 128, though one time I made 90 lengths before I had to go for a lie down in the changing room before staggering home. Bloody binary numbers.

I hope my recent expose on running shoes has helped you with the 6 mile runs.

robmcj.

PS - Let me know if you remember what's special about 108.

PPS - does your sun salute include both big and little dogs? I do sun salutes in somewhat more homoepathic doses than you.

PPPS - on a philosophical note, how does one define "good thoughts"?

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.