Monday, July 18, 2005

Rem Travails!

9:20p.m.
This is a post about not believing in anything you think. I used to come home from work dying for a hit of some kind. So I've got serious nicotine withdrawals because I smoke at night, but not during the day. Sometimes I have thoughts then, but know they are not true. But I might think they are true. You think a thought exists on its own. You think it arises as some kind of truth. You do not see the causes and conditions that made this thought. You've just got the truth and the thought seems to exist on its own, by its own, supported by it's own truth.

Where your biggest enemies are your greatest friends

Once you have learned to ignore the thoughts you have because they result from nicotine addiction ( 0r are in a way brought on by this), what about your other thoughts? Are they not conditioned by something? So we have the start of emptiness somehow. Thoughts are connected to other thoughts and other things. They are not true. They are conditioned.

Anyway, I've been blogging now for some months and to little avail. Nobody is really interested in buddhism. I have not found anyone in months who talks about ra bliss. I have had a bit of fun trying to get a literary agent. I have loved blogging because it feels more amusing that other things I do. I should blog and meditate. The flatheids bring with them other things which condition the thoughts and don't help them. Flatheids do not think about where thoughts come from. They do not exist in a subtle world. Neither do I. But I'd like to. I think it's good that I can go away with my mind to the Samye Ling, where my head is truly flat, and forget the people who do not meditate. Compassion and altruism is the basis of the path. I can do this better in Bellshill where the people are not bourgeois basturns and do not meditate, but are not like .... dearie me! Lost ra bliss a wee bit in Ayrshire. I need to go away on retreat!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

where the heck are the heard and mcdonald islands?! i seriously thought that you were joking... but then someone told me that they are real, so where is it huh? i wanna know...

4:52 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

PINKSandROSES. Nice of you to ask. Coming from California, turn left at India and keep going till you see the Club 18-30. Anyone there can tell you where I live (I can't say the name of my island here as it has a rude double meaning), or direct you to hotboy's cave on UnHeard Island.

I hope this helps.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.