Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Ra Samye Minus One!

2:00p.m.
Yahoo! I'm on holiday till the 15th August! What a wonderful life this is! Holidays as well.

I phoned the gatekeeper to nirvana this morning and he says coming with the tent tomorrow will be cool. I usually write a wee letter to Teresa before I go and I did that today, asking her to look out the straightjacket and make sure fire extinquishers were available near anywhere where anyone could meditate. So all I have to do is get on the train at 7:21 a.m. tomorrow and the Samye Ling here we come!

And today I checked the Blogpatrol thing and 2,500 hits have been recorded. 789 visitors. One of the visitors today came looking for Anjali Pratap, the agent person from AP Watt. She still hasn't got back to me. She might have read Bugtown by this time, but after re-reading it last week, I think I should move mountains to get Light in the Dark published. It's not often I impress myself, but I did think it was something else.

How would I like to be after a week at the Samye Ling? Of course, being fully enlightened might be nice, but I don't really know what that would be like. Seems a little unlikely. But I would like to have a better attitude to people who don't meditate. Nobody I know meditates. Not around here anyway. Flatheids do annoy and irritate me, especially the ones I know well. When I get back from the Samye Ling, it would be nice to see smiley people. Flatheids don't smile much and usually look a bit mentally ill. Sort of, disturbed. It's called normal.

I would really like to give up everything which has any mind altering qualities at all. I'd like to stick to tea. This might mean going into hiding.

The reverend and sensei has started modelling Wurzel and Grommit tea cosies.

Two young women have contacted Adolf in the last couple of days. I think offering to post photies of women in nazi uniforms has got to be a first in the blogosphere. Anyway, one of them was fourteen and has an interest in reading and writing fiction. I've asked her read Light in the Dark. This is called stalking for an agent. Actually, having a fourteen year old agent would have its advantages. You could take them over to the McDonald Island for lunch and you wouldn't have to watch them light up cigars with twenty pound notes!

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

About the young women flocking to my blog. Where were they all when I was still young enough to care? What a waste.

Have a good a time at the monastery. Just in case you get too enlightened to blog, I'll be keeping up a running commentary on my own blog.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.