Saturday, July 23, 2005

Ra Samye Third Day and a bit!

9:25p.m.
Since there's been no comments left on the blog recently, I went and checked the blogpatrol counter. Yesterday this blog had 33 visitors! That's not hits, but visitors. Usually, it gets eight or ten. Where did they come from since no one is really interested in vajrayana buddhism except really lucky people? It's the Martians and Masai Warriors, my robot chums and those guys from the far side of the Milky Way. Hullo, if you've come back.

However, I did notice that three people arrived looking for wet teeshirts and someone from catherinezetajones.blogspot. Well, I saw her in Oceans 12 (don't bother!) and thought I'd see what kind of blog she had. Playboy pictures? Why is there a blog full of Playboy photies? Is this the work of Brian Wilson, I ask myself?

This is RaBlissBlog and I should stick to ra bliss.

There's a river runs by here. If you walk up a bit, there's a wee island of pebbles you can get to by jumping over stones. This has got to be a more midgie free environment and it is. I went to the island after lunch and meditated. Sometimes the meditations after lunch are great. Shouldn't be really. Or lunch should be at two o clock. Anyway, I was tired and lay down flat on the pebbles with a towel under my head. The sky was overcast. On the pebbles, I fell asleep. Then I wasn't sure if I was awake or asleep. Ra bliss! Kind of without having a body. Disembodied bliss. This is unusual. I had a touch of it yesterday after lunch when I fell asleep on the bench across from the stupa, but this did impress me. I thought later that yogis must sleep like that ... not quite awake and not quite asleep, but somewhere else in ra bliss. Yoga nidra maybe. That was a bit of a peak.

The meditations thereafter went brilliantly. Sometimes I had my eyes closed and sometimes not. I stayed on the island till just before five when I went to meditate in the temple. At times, I remembered that Lama Yeshe, my root guru, may he live ten thousand years, was also on retreat. Big smiles coming through. After reading Govinda on his guru, I was more into it. Lama Yeshe has done 12 years in retreats and done at least 49 days in the dark twice. I wonder if that's what he's doing just now.

Felt really tired after soup. Tried the stupa bench. Midgies. Outside the house. Midgies. Low point. Went into the temple for the Chenrezig prayers which I really enjoy. Here comes ra bliss!! Right after the prayers, Teresa came in with the Big Indian and some of the band. I really love ritual music these days. Gongs and drums. Started giving it laldy with the vase breathing (I don't do that too often) and got amazing amounts of bliss. Some heat, but really amazing amounts of bliss.

I feel as if I'm supported all around. You can tune into the goodwill here. Tomorrow should be better. Fourth day. All I need is not to be tired. Even then. All I'll need sometimes is to lower my head and raise it. But concentration and absorption is everything.

This is a record of how to get ra bliss and how not to get an agent. It'll be of use to someone, but probably not if you're looking for wet teeshirts!

I think I know how lucky I am to be here. Hello, to my family (all of them, nephews and all!) if you've checked this out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

So no back pain?

Where do I sign up?

I am one of those 33 visitors who don't bother to say hi. Sorry.

return to your bliss now

:)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Really enjoyed your blog today, Heather!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.