Saturday, July 23, 2005

Ra Third Day!

10:37
I really shouldn't be in here blogging, but it's overcast outside and I was feeling a bit tired. Time for coffee.

The midgies did not appreciate the passive smoking from the joss sticks, and were far less abundant last night. I wakened up at 4 a.m. and went outside for a pee. Magnetised to midgies. Couldn't believe it! Stand for a minute and that's it. Face and head covered. So I probably brought some of them back in. But I got up at half six and in much better shape than yesterday. Bitten to hell of course, but that's okay.

But I'm a wee bit tired this morning and should sleep well after lunch.

Read some of the Govinda book in my tent before I went to sleep. Really, really enjoying it. The boy's guru is clairaudient, he says. He can tell what you're thinking if your thoughts are directed at him, even if it's in a language he's not used to. Siddhi.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a bit of that around here. I was trying to do a tai chi set this morning before breakfast in front of the stupa and Teresa was doing the circular walk round the pond. She was on her own. Usually, she and a few others accompany the Lama at that before breakfast. Someone says the Lama is on retreat. (I don't think he'll be blogging!) But it's time I started watching what I was thinking around some people!! I think Teresa picked up something I thought in the temple the last time I was down here. I'd like to take refuge with her. Then I'd have formalised things with her and the Lama and his big brother. You don't want to make a mistake though. I take refuge in the sangha every time I meditate and she's in the sangha.

Of course, I've never actually had a conversation with Teresa or the Lama's big brother. No, I spoke to the Lama's big brother the second time I was down here! I remember saying thanks for coming to Scotland. Too right!

Take a breath and get some of ra bliss just sitting here. Probably couldn't do that if he hadn't come to Scotland.

Can't keep blogging like this if I'm going to stay here for five days. Don't have the cash to spend £1:80 three times a day. But how cheap can you get. You can do a week here all in (travel as well) for £150.

The food here is great, but sometimes upsets my system. Not this time. I think I miss the pints of tea I drink usually. Anyway, since I've got ten minutes, here's my normal diet. I eat bread and soup. The bread I make myself and it's wholemeal. There's only yeast and a wee bit salt in it. I put bananas on it and cheese with some stuff like marmite. Also, raw onions (anything to keep the flatheids away!) while stocks last. Sometimes I'll put honey on it, especially if it's toasted. The last time I had soup it contained tatties and onions from the allotment. Also, red lentils. Usually, I put a bit of broccoli in it. That's it. Sometimes I scavange from the folk I stay with. And I eat pears and stuff from the fruit bowl.

The interesting thing about this is that sometimes it's delicious! Sometimes it's not. But the food must be more or less the same. There's a lot of anticipation and projection going on here.

This is going to be a very good day for me. The only problem is the back temple where I should be just now. There's a wedding going on today! Dave the Doorkeeper told me. That's the only conversation I think I've had since I arrived. Oh well, back to the island in the river before lunch!

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Midges! We could do with some of your weather here in the UnHeardians, where it's 6 degrees, three-jumper weather.

I'm on the lookout for a recipe for rice bread, if you have one.

robmcflatheid

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.