Saturday, August 20, 2005

Ra Strangest Thing!

2:20p.m.
Slept in this morning and couldn't make the usual visit to the aged parent, so I went up the meditate in the hut. Two hours later I'm coming back down passed the pond in Inverleith Park when someone approaches me and asks, "Are you Hotboy?" Normally, I might have said, "Who wants to know?", but I was so surprised (I didn't know the josephine from Adam) that I said, "Aye, indeed. Hotboy, I am."

She met me in 1980. She said there was something I'd said to her which she'd never forgotten. (You have to remember that I still haven't any idea who this josephine is!) I asked with some sense of trepidation what this was.

I was finishing a job creation thing at the time and going back on the dole. She'd asked me if I wasn't worried about being stuck up shit creek without a paddle (or words to that effect!), and I'd said no because some of the folk around here were to their necks in concrete.

I mean, it's not that good! Twenty five years later it's still rattling around in someone's head.

I have fully recovered (!) from the Viking helmet incident on Thursday. Adolf was asking me about the cricket ..... the Celtic have just got one back and are now two one down against the huns. Radio commentary. Now, that's a game! When there's a shower, the players don't all walk off the park! There wasn't any creekit at all on Thursday. Bugger! Three one to the huns.

I think I'll go back to the hut.

Has your mind got a body, or has your body got a mind? If it's the former ..... impressions you stick in there might be important. Like, things you believe in; stuff you've put in there. This is where believing in stuff might become important. (The regular Masai Warrior and robot who visit this page should know that I try to be a super sceptic) Faith leads to an impression of heaven. You're dead. Your mind isn't. What comes up?

You've got to remember that we're talking about a lot of projection e.g. I'm trying sometimes to emanate as a deity. Most of the shit out there is really in your mind.

This is not to say that there's nothing out there either!

Someone in the introduction to the Tibetan Book of the Dead says what comes up when you're dead is culturally dependant. So if you think you're going to heaven and heaven is full of gardens and randy virgins, that's maybe what you'll get. (But, of course, it won't last).

Faith? I had to rethink my attitude to that a wee bit. Might be a useful tool if you can't lose your false sense of self.

But Kalu Rinpoche is quoted in something I read as saying that it doesn't matter if you believe in peacefulm, wrathful deities, or not. They will show up when you're dead anyway. So, his view might correspond a wee bit with Jungian archetypes. Somehow, in the great big Mind these things exist in a way.

But does it matter? They are illusions. Illusions have a reality of course. As illusions.

I'll have to go back to the hut. If you're going to post about ideas, you should really spend more time blogging. Or thinking. I'm going back to the hut a supporter of The Heart of Midlothian Football Club!

5 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

And if it's the former ..... are we talking about suppositories?

I think you may have wandered off the point into metaphysical niceties, and forgotten to tell us how the lass knew you were hotboy.

The story is actually a great example of how one can make a memoreable difference to someone else's life, without even trying. E.g telling someone about the value of ear protectors.

Who knows how many more readers would recognise you in the street if you posted a photo of yourself here.

11:20 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I mean the latter

12:29 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

I have no idea how she knew I was me. Probably the eyes birling in my head and the two left feet. Hotboy

12:33 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Actually, I feel very handsome at the moment and what a nice way that wummin had with herself! Hotboy

10:13 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Re: "Most of the shit out there is really in your mind."

You might be interested in my comment at Heather's place

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.